Keybord disappears when searching [Ticket In]

Good morning everybody, im having issues using the search option in Roon in my pc, i have 2 different cores and both present same issue, i can look for any band or artist because keyboard appears and does not even allow to type anything because immediately disappears.
Im using version 1.6 ( build 416) 64 bit.
Please help i stopped using roon because of this issue and only using tidal and quobuz individually.

Regards

HI @Roberto_Aguirre,

Can you let me know what operating system you are using on your two PCs? If you are using Windows, can you please confirm the build number you are using on both PCs?

You can do this by clicking the start button on Windows and typing in “About your PC”. Under “Windows Specification” there should be: Edition, Version, Installed On and OS Build information, please let me know these values.

1 Like

Good afternoon thanks for reply, im using windows 10 pro

Versión: 1803

Os build: 17134.829

In both pcs.

Thanks

Hi @Roberto_Aguirre,

I have seen one report indicating that Windows version 1903 may have an issue with the keyboard, but I currently have windows version 1803 installed on my end and the on-screen keyboard appears to function properly for me.

Is there any change if you disable and re-enable the virtual keyboard toggle in Roon Settings -> Setup? Are you using any other virtual keyboard software or the one built-into Windows?

@noris - did anything come of this report? I’m seeing the same issue on a Windows 10 Tablet - when a text field is made active (e.g. the Search field, or a text field in Settings/Audio), the onscreen keyboard pops up briefly and then pops down again. Makes no difference if the “Show the touch keyboard when not in tablet mode and there’s no keyboard attached” setting in Windows 10 Settings/Devices/Typing is on or off.

The only way I can get the keyboard to stick is to put the Tablet into Desktop mode, and manually touch the keyboard icon in the Taskbar.

Running Windows 10 Pro (version 1903, build 18980.1) on a Lenovo ThinkPad 10.

Hi @Geoff_Coupe,

Thanks for your interest into this issue. We currently have an active ticket pending review by the dev team. I can’t say for certain when it will reach the dev team’s queue, but I will add your report to the investigation as an additional data point. Thanks!

Hi @Roberto_Aguirre / @Geoff_Coupe,

We’ve recently released Roon 1.7 (Build 500) which includes changes that should improve this behavior. Please give it this a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.