King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard

@anon55914447 introduced many of us to King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard over in the Psychedelic music topic.

Just a heads up that there is a new album out (Flying Microtonal Banana), and although it is not the wild ride that Nonagon Infinity was, it is still pretty adventurous, and no less “neo-psychedelia”. Read the review in Roon to see a better description than I could ever give.

2 Likes

Thanks for the headsup!

They have a bunch of gigs coming up locally in March then look to be heading over to the US. Maybe you can catch them live if your immigration let’s them through :wink:

Tough luck. Rumor has it that Psychedelia and Sweden (and possibly Oregon) are slated to be included in the next round of banned countries.

2 Likes

I have tickets for March 31st show in NYC … can’t wait!

2 Likes

Thanks for this. I absolutely love Nonagon Infinity (thanks to the psychedelic music thread). I listened to one other album that didn’t grab me as much (Quarters) but need to dive into their stuff a lot more, it’s definitely my sort of thing!

1 Like

They plan to release 5 albums in 2017.

this was a fun behind the scenes in making their latest… such chaotic goofballs

2 Likes

Singer is Ambrose’s Dad, 37 years ago. KG&TLW is how you turn out when you grow up around this:

https://youtu.be/d66o8aa6GV8

What you see is what you get:

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. They are pretty awesome. :slight_smile:

New album on TIDAL today.

How was the gig, @danny?

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard released five (5) albums in 2017:

Flying Microtonal Banana
Murder of the Universe
Sketches of Brunswick East (with Mild High Club)
Polygondwanaland
Gumboot Soup