Lana Del Rey - Born To Die (The Paradise Edition) not in database?

Hi,

I have the ripped 2CD Lana Del Rey - Born To Die (The Paradise Edition) in my library, but Roon only knows Born To Die (album) and Paradise (EP) as two separate releases (> identify album > none of these look right).

As this is quite a popular release, I wonder if I am maybe doing something wrong as I am a Roon newbie.

EDIT: Ok, I see that it’s not listed at allmusic, is this the reason?

Hi @econaut. The Paradise Edition is a one of many editions available under the main “Born To Die” album metadata.

1 Like

Ah, great! That’s an easy solution, thanks!

I have the second CD in a separate folder, though.

Now both CDs are recognized as two different albums.

Do I have to put all files into one folder or how can I add the second CD folder so it shows only as one album in the database?

@econaut
Funnily enough, I’m playing this cover of Tiamat right now. Do you know this version? I must confess that I prefer the original.

RoonShareImage-637512347474355571

Ha, Wildhoney is one if my alltime favourite albums!

I think I have heard that cover once and found it underwhleming. Will check it out later today.

1 Like

You can do both.

Merge…

Go to her artist page, select (right click/long press) the two albums from the Overview tab>Albums in my library panel, click on the three dots in a circle that appears on the top banner, then Edit…>Merge albums.

Either method might require you to re-ID to select the specific edition (#15)

1 Like

Just checked it out: It starts boring and when when the chorus set in I had to turn it off instantly.

Besides the fact that I find cover versions most of the time worse than the original, Born To Die is probably her best song IMHO.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.