Large Library : best collecting practices

A call to those with large libraries : > 10K albums?

Did you find as your library increased in size, the new additions accelerated or slowed? Constraints became apparent (budget / storage constraints / listening time), no?

I’m assuming larger libraries have a very high portion of digital (again budget)? Is there a need to offer more support to the records through purchasing digital / merch / live? Or are the streamers OK given that it’s only possible to sample the marginal recordings.

I’m musing whether I should try to restrict my collecting, given that the streamers make it so easy. There are artists where I’d offer fair recompense from streaming alone: many others that will make pennies from my listening habits, and command little of my attention elsewhere.

Is that fair?

You may wish to peruse:

FWIW, I am now up to about 50,000 tracks. That didn’t take as long as I thought it would. Happy collecting.

1 Like

Thanks! I knew someone will have asked an (identical) question. Thanks for the share!

1 Like

My conclusion: it’s almost pointless (to worry about it at least) but we get good feelings from the hobby. And the music is rather good, too.

Thanks for reading.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.