Last add on Tidal, how to see in this way?

Tks Jim, my major complaint is about favorite tidal tracks, for the albuns it works well. I didnt know where to suggest the improvements, now I know I’ll try it.

1 Like

Personally I prefer to go through the library and versions tab to find the best version of an album to queue for playing.
Streaming services change their content occasionally, versions are removed and other versions added, the library; artist; discography: versions is the way I choose to go.

Yes Jim, I’ve noticed this, as i’ve wrote above, my point that it comes with all yours album tracks too, and not only with your favorite tracks.

For example Pearl Jam, Album TEN, I favorited ALIVE track, and favorite the album Vitology from PJ too, when I aply this metod that you suggests it brings me the Alive track and all Vitology tracks too, but what I wanted is only the Alive track, if I wants all Vitology album I’d serch it in my albuns.

understand my point?

1 Like

Yes Jim, I understood this, my point is: Qobuz already works on this way, if Tidal works the same it would be very nice!

Roon will always add the release, even if you add (favourite) a single track. It does this because the track is part of a release. However, the other tracks aren’t added to Roon.

With Roon, most users would identify the release from within Roon, and then add the track to their library. Once this is done, you may mark the track as a favourite.

You’ll see the track on the home page under Recent Activity, and can do all sorts of sorting and filtering from My Library.

If you favorite one track in the streaming service, it only adds this track to the Roon library. The album entity is added as well in My Albums, but it only contains one track (and there is an additional button to see and add the missing tracks)

If you favorite an album in the streaming service, all tracks of the album get added to the Roon library and appear in My Tracks. I would think this is obvious, because all tracks are there.

This works the same with Tidal and Qobuz.

1 Like

I give up…
Some dudes have a difficulty to interpret and understand what’s wrote…

thank you all

If 3 people misunderstand, maybe the explanation wasn’t great. Anyway, you won’t be happy with Roon if you insist on using it in ways that it’s not meant to be used. We are just saying how it works. It’s possible that it does not fit what you want from it, that’s fine. If the problem is on the surface (not the deep architecture), a #feedback:feature-suggestions may (or may not) help, as was suggested.

3 Likes