Last add on Tidal, how to see in this way?

Hi guys, I would like some help from you if possible.
I have a problem with Tidal on Roon and I think it’s really bad, here we go:
When I go to Tidal through Roon and choose my added songs, it shows me, but it comes in alphabetical order, which I think is terrible, because in the Tidal app it is shown in order of those added last, which I think is much better!
However, inside Roon it doesn’t let me see it that way, which is very annoying.
Tidal albums on Roon are the same thing, it filters alphabetically and I can’t change them to see how they were added last.

This does not happen with Qobuz within Roon, it shows those added last.

Does anyone know how to change this in Roon?
or how to suggest to developers to put a filter on Tidal to be able to choose between alphabetical order or last added, using Tidal within Roon.

Thank you very much!!

I assume you are using the My Tracks view shown below. All you need to do is click on the gear icon, and add the Date Added column.

1 Like

Hi Martin, tks for your fast repply!
I’ve seen you only use Qobuz…
On Browse you need to select Tidal, than on tidal you choose my Tidal Colection, and there you have the options: Favorite Artists, Favorite Albuns and Favorite Tracks…
There’s no option to choose by last add…

On Qobuz they show the last adds automaticly…

I’ve tried before this method that you suggested, but the minus is that they show all my tracks, mixing the complete albums tracks together with my favorite tracks, and it makes a mess…

If you click on the heart, it’ll just show your favourite tracks, sorted by date added. Moreover, you can bookmark this view.

However, you are correct that I use Qobuz. From the My Tracks view, there should be no difference, and this is where I would go (My Library) to view anything I’ve added to my library.

1 Like

This is just a limited view into Tidal, using Tidal’s interface for third parties. This is not how you want to use Roon.

Roon’s full feature set is available only in the Roon library (which contains the albums that you favorited in the Tidal app). As explained by @Martin_Webster, go to Roon’s My Library > Albums, Artists, Tracks, Composers, Compositions. There you can use various sort options, Focus, bookmarks etc.

2 Likes

I really appreciate your good will to help, but unfortunately didn’t work on Tidal…
I’ve subscribed in bouth, Tidal and Qobuz, and this dont work on Tidal…

Can you share a screenshot? This should work with the My Tracks view regardless of media sources.

I have Qobuz and Tidal and it works with both, once an album is in the Roon library and you use Roon’s features in My Library. One of the cool things about Roon is that it treats all library content the same, no matter where it came from

1 Like

This solution only works if you have favorited this tracks on Roon, if your tracks were favorited on the Tidal or Qobuz app it isn’t work.

Your Roon library only includes releases (tracks and albums) that you have marked as favourite in TIDAL–this is how they are added.

The whole idea of Roon is to manage your music library from multiple sources in one place. Rather than use the Browse function, use My Library instead, and you’ll discover many ways to present your music using tags, favourites, bookmarks, filters, and focus.

The screenshot you posted is taken from TIDAL, and can’t be manipulated in Roon. It is was it is.

As you can see, the tracks are shown in alphabetical order…
I’d prefer it was showed in order date add, as it happens on Qobuz, or as it is shown on Tidal app

How difficult it is for you to understand that the app has a bug in this regard, because using Qobuz on it works the way I want, and on Tidal it doesn’t, so the problem is in some Roon code

Using my library as you suggest is much more painful, if I prefer to go to Tidal and choose what I want to listen to, is much simpler…
But if we can make it difficult, why make it easier, right?

Whoa! Don’t shoot the messenger … it’s not a bug, it’s how it is. Each streaming service presents information for Roon in slightly different ways.

I believe most Roon users would disagree, and spend little if any time in the native apps. Of course, the choice is yours.

1 Like

LOL, I’m not shooting you…

I understand your point of view, but you’re not a Tidal user to see in practice how bad it is, bad for a good expirience in Roon, and it is showed in this way only in Roon, that’s why I say it’s a Roons bug.
if I use Bubleupnp, Jplay or others it is shown in the right way, like Roon shows it with qobuz.
I think it’s simple to the guys from Roon fix it

If tracks or albums are favorited in the Tidal app, they become automatically added to the Roon library. (That’s what being a Tidal favorite means in Roon). Once they are in the Roon library, you can use all of Roon’s My Library features, like Roon favoriting (using :purple_heart:), sort options, Focus, etc. on them.

Edit: I have just verified that this works. Favorited an album in the Tidal app, after the next sync with Tidal it is added to Roon. Normally this should not take longer than a minute or so, or trigger a sync immediately by going to Roon Settings > Services > Tidal > Edit > Sync now. If it doesn’t work for you, this seems to be an issue in your particular setup

I was a TIDAL user before I subscribed to Qobuz; used both for similar periods.

If you think Browse > TIDAL should behave like Browse > Qobuz, you can open a request in Feature Suggestions. However, as I’ve already stated, these screens are based on what the streaming services expose.

If you want full control, manage your TIDAL releases through My Library.

3 Likes

My criticism is constructive, to make things easier and faster for the user, I already explained above, through the library when you filter only your favorite songs it pulls the songs and also the songs from your favorite albums, everything gets messy.

@Milton_Junior, please be courteous to fellow community users, who are attempting to assist you. You may want to take an opportunity to read the community guidelines.

Moreover, I think it would be beneficial for you to have a look at the Roon Help Center. There’s no “juggling” or doing things twice, since everything can be done within Roon without even using the native TIDAL (or Qobuz) apps. Indeed, you’ll be able to see what you want rapidly using the library.

Remember these rules:

TIDAL favourite ≡ add to Roon library
TIDAL favourite ≠ Roon favourite

Thank you Martin, I’ll keep it in mind. I’m appreciate for your intended to help!

I just came here to ask help because have tried all the alternatives explained here and look for a simpler solution to make this work well.