Last.fm history import and play last.fm recommandations through Roon?

Hi
I am total newbie to Roon and this forum too. So sorry if this has been discussed before.

My question:

I have been scrubbling to last.fm via LMS and Tidal since 2014. So no one knows more about my musical taste than last.fm.

Is there a way to import my last.fm data to Roon ?? Scrubble history (play counts).

2 question:

Is it possible to play last.fm recommandations via Roon using Tidal ??

4 Likes

H @Michael_Callesen,

Unfortunately is no and no…

I’ve moved your topic over to the feature requests section of the board, so the Roon team will read it.

At the moment the only connection between Roon and LastFM is that Roon can scrobble by profile to LastFM.

It would be great to have the LastFM data available in Roon, particularly playable recommendations.

7 Likes

Having just come to Roon, paid up and invested in a core and loads of end points, I’m very keen to do more. However, I find myself going back to Spotify for my new release list and then finding the equivalent releases in Roon via Qobuz. According to my account I have been “scrobbling since 11 Aug 2007”, so there is a lot of data there, more data than Spotify has access to as that pre-dates Spotify.

It may be a cost/licensing issue, which is understandably a blocker to the Last.fm data, but I would really like my recommendations and new release suggestions to be more like the Spotify ones, which seem more like what I want to hear or know are released this week, and sooner than learning organically.

2 Likes

edit: the method below copies recommendations once but sadly does not automatically refresh them

I found a way to get some last.fm recommendations in roon as a qobuz user by synchronizing an algorithmic playlist. This may work for Tidal as well, not sure.

1. Visit https://www.last.fm/user/<your_username>/playlists
  2. Click “New Playlist”
  3. Choose “My Recommended”
  4. Sign up for soundiiz.com or another music library sync tool
  5. Create a sync of that playlist to Qobuz. Manually trigger the sync once.
  6. In the roon app, choose settings → services → qobuz → sync now
  7. In a few minutes, the playlist should be visible in the roon app under My Stuff → Playlists
6 Likes

Hi Michael!
Thanks for the tip!!!. When I have some time I will try it out with Tidal. I have not played arround with Sync services, but have to look into that.

Waaaau. It works like a charm. A function that I has wished for years is now available for me.
Thank you so much Michael :grinning: :heart: