Latest MacOS version

I downloaded the early access version for my Mac. Settings/About shows Roon Remote as Early Access build 1402 but Roon Server as Production build 1401.

Is this correct?

Thanks

No it is not because you should enroll all your devices in Early Access (or all in Production). Apparently you didn’t for Mac app.

The download links are here:

There are still “RoonServer” links although there is no separate server anymore, so I guess download the “RoonInstaller” one

But these are both running on the same Mac. I tried downloading the latest versions of both Roon and RoonServer from that page. There is no RoonInstaller link for Mac.

Sorry, I meant the Roon.dmg link. I suppose this is the right one because there is no separate RoonServer anymore.

I think the existence of the RoonServer links for Mac and Win in the article may be a mistake and I posted this:

Yep. I downloaded the roon.dmg file and installed it. Settings/About on that Mac shows the 1401 build for RoonServer and 1402 for Roon Remote, Running the remote on an iPad shows the RoonServer with build 1401.

Could someone confirm whether this is expected behaviour, an error in the builds or an issue with my particular system?

Thanks

I forgot to check while home, but the release notes clearly state 1402 for server:

That’s why I was surprised that the version I downloaded from the latest link showed as 1401.

Then I guess something might not have been updated correctly :slight_smile:

1401 IS the latest production build, but the download from the Early Access help page shouldn’t be the production build

OK. I’d stopped and restarted Roon on the mac multiple times with no difference. On a hunch I stopped the Roon and Roonserver processes from Activity monitor and restarted Roon. Lo and behold it’s now showing version 1402 Early Access.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like