Latest Roon build | Random small popping sounds moving DSP volume, and when selecting play & pause functions

Thanks @connor, as you are aware John @ Roon logged this ticket back in 2019.

Roon obviously knew this issue existed, well before I and others posted on it, which is frustrating considering the lengths I went to trying to debug/solve/prove it. Some basic communication early in the thread would have been appreciated.

Without trying to sound rude, there seems to be a significant flaw in the way Roon [RAAT] handles transition execution, this handling of transitions becomes especially audible for those using MUSE to execute DSP crossovers [as gain structure is very different to the average HiFi setup].

Personally, I would much rather engineering resources are allocated to fixing the ‘fundamental’ tough stuff, rather than investing ‘DEV’ resources into ARC, which in my experience never works great and continues to be problematic especially in low coverage areas, when the native streaming app is not.

With Roon making a big song and dance about MUSE, its important to understand issues like this zero crosspoint execution ticket, hamstring the product for advanced DSP speaker users.

Another fundamental ticket, involves procedural DSP [MUSE] logged back in June 22: