Leaving Roon after price increase

Thanks. People should search for existing requests before opening new ones. This one isn’t a burner either with 4 votes though :slight_smile:

I really don’t care about the number of votes on a forum post, it’s a no-brainer. Especially when you have the option to add all this useless crap

3 Likes

You might not but it will be a part of how Roon prioritizes work.

And it’s only so simple if doing it as poorly as LMS in the screenshot above.

Some of “all the useless crap” is relevant for me by the way. See, people have different priorities, who would have thought. Hence, votes.

4 Likes

This is not the feature request thread.

2 Likes

you are fully right …only unhappy people will post here …the happy people will accept the price increase but the main question is still without any answer

HOW MANY users are ROON customers ???they wrote " Every day, hundreds of thousands of customers use[ Roon 2.0 and Roon ARC it starts with 100 000 users as a minimum and possibly also the total numbers of users !!! obviously this is a confidential issue and i understand this .

streaming its personal library with ARC is a plus …only Apple offers the same feature but not with the same quality …

100.000 are officially stated on the website, Danny once (a considerable time ago) wrote 250,000 on the forum, and when later a forum member referred to that, IIRC Danny replied that it was much more now

Disclosing the user / license data is giving an insight into the income of Roon which many companies do not particularly want to share . Public lite companies obviously have to .

The lt figure as @Suedkiez say that was "quoted’ in a thread was 250 k , maybe 2 years ago , not sure actually when.

For the people that are complaining about the price Increase… Do you stop buying food as well?

Rent for my condo went up this year 15%, electricity is up 40% something, food anywhere from 5% to 100%.

Just get a lifetime license for roon while it is still 700USD and pay that In installments with a creditcard (amex lets you do that with 0% at the moment)

Stop buying food, you will die… therefore, this is a very bad comparison.
Roon on the other side is luxury.

1 Like

This ^, and the window of opportunity is closing :wink:

1 Like

While I see your point I can find other examples. I did gave up HBO

1 Like

I got rid of Netflix and all my AT&T U-Verse premium movie channels to fund my music addiction. Don’t let a $2.50 per month price increase scare you away.

2 Likes

13 posts were split to a new topic: Is there anyway to log remotely to restart the Roon Core?

An example: after peaks around €2 per liter in 2022, I filled up my car yesterday at a lower price as in 2012… €1.62/ltr. In 2012, the price here in Germany was €1.64 on average.
Will Roon go down with the price in the future when other products become cheaper again? I don’t think so. From that point of view, such comparisons do not become more meaningful by constant repetition.
By the way, you can only spend your money once!

2 Likes

I find some of these responses hysterical. People who can clearly afford to buy hifi equipment, complaining about £30 a year? Get a grip.

Those same people won’t think twice about pissing money down the drain on some new speaker cable, or a digital interconnect, or some fairy dust USB cable, but god forbid you spend it on the tool you most interact with.

I run a ROCK setup on a NUC. I haven’t had to reboot it in over 3 months. I don’t have crashes, issues or otherwise.

Roon lets me control multiple devices under a single application. Sonos, AirPlay, chromecast, roon ready endpoints, all without having to use four different apps.

Roon radio has allowed me to discover and find more new music this year than I ever have before, as it constantly shows me new things I’m interested in.

Get over yourselves. If you’re leaving roon over £2.50 a month, then roon isn’t the problem. Your usage patterns or expectations are. If it doesn’t give you enough to justify that increase, then you’re not using it properly and you will be better off with something simpler.

16 Likes

We can close this thread now :rofl:

3 Likes

I really enjoyed my years with Roon but the price increases coupled with my support posts being totally ignored multiple times was too much for me and i have switched to Audirvana. It’s basically the same thing for 50% less money and i think for me it sounds better, especially with upsampling. I will miss Roon but their prices are way too high for what it is. All i really wanted it for was a remote for tidal so i can that from Audirvana for 70$ a year instead of 140$ from Roon. Hopefully one day they will lower their prices.

1 Like