Let's talk about what's Moving and Grooving you today? [2023-01]

4 Likes

And the old topic “What are we listing too” is now dead which is what I expected, hence why I suggested merging …

I don’t see the point of having two topics … that too me at least are now indistinguishable since the name change.

We should discuss this to find a path forwards with some common ground.

But Carl if we start a conversation in the main listening thread, then it gets moved out along with the music we posted. Bit of a can’t win situation really.

Though I have posted twice in the main thread today

2 Likes

I just don’t see that, what was there like 1700 posts last month?
Hardly dead or even close imho.
As already stated, it’s really a different vibe altogether here, not just post music and go feel.

3 Likes

I think this didn’t get enough :heart: love last year (including from me)
What are your thoughts?

9 Likes

Hi @Michael_Harris,

I never saw it as that black and white … discussions about the music we are listening to was not moved out, it was only the odd discussion that was completely off topic to a music related topic they were split … and I don’t see that being any different for this topic either … there has to be boundaries.

Maybe there was a perception that one could only post images of albums or tracks and have zero discussion about them in the other topic but that was never the intention of it. Though I agree it does seem to be that case now.

When this topic was originally titled “What’s Rocking You Tonight …” it was about see Rock Music (see below, and I saw the point of having it … like the one we have for metal …

… but now this topic has morphed it to what I believe servers the same purpose as “What We Are Listening To …” topic … a place to post and discuss the music we are listing to.

I’m really struggling to see the distinction, I guess time will tell how this pans out.

1 Like

I like that, and I did talk on that thread, there are people that only go there. I like the feeling that there it is a more restricted talk, like going for the first time at you girlfriends parents (exaggerating) and here is more like going to the pub

Wise

2 Likes

I just had a look and your right, posts are still being created, it’s not as dead as I perceived.

I see that but, as I said in a previous post, discussion about the music we are listing to was never “outlawed” in the other topic.

Ultimately it is about managing the forum structure so we have a platform that works for community, and like life things evolve. Just for this I’m struggling right now hence starting the discussion on it.

That said, we are straying of “Off Topic”, but it’s good that people have their say.

2 Likes

Carl I do understand the need to keep things tidy, and yes it was a thread about Rock music and light Metal that did not fit into the Hard core metal thread. But there was never really any discourse in the main listening thread, and get the feeling that people do not enjoy the chit chat on that thread.
I just had a chat with @Traian_Boldea there, not realising it was that thread as I post my more mainstream posts there (or anything containing Neil Young).

The distinction is the chattiness of the thread, this one can often go off and run for a while.
Maybe it would be worth you asking the main posters in the other thread if they want the chat or just want music postings. I visit and like posts there and post daily, but I post and go

2 Likes

Personally I feel comfortable chatting and posting here. I wouldn’t chat in the other.

I’m struggling to see why it’s such a big deal, let’s face it there are far more topics that eventually run in parallel with each other and they usually end up with discord.

4 Likes

Not Metal as you might expect from the cover but a lovely Neo-folk album

5 Likes

I know it’s almost embarrassing how quiet you are outside of this thread :astonished::rofl:

(Are you at the in-laws, as you have been pretty quiet recently. Happy new year to you)

1 Like

:laughing:@Michael_Harris. She is an artist that I really struggle to appreciate. I find her voice very irritating. No disrespect to you and your tastes, but i’m not a fan. ducking for cover

2 Likes

Hi @Enough this album was well reviewed, but I rarely saw it posted. I am certainly a fan of her work myself, but this one is mood dependant.

I can certainly understand that if a voice irritates you then nothing you can do (that’s why I never post Neil Young in this thread as I don’t want to set Gary’s Tinnitus off).

2 Likes

I know, I just throw occasional comments in elsewhere haha.

Had in-laws round over Christmas and my lot over new year. Getting music withdrawals.

I hope yours is all going well.

1 Like

I think she may be my female equivalent of Old Neil (who I love). My wife tends to crank up her collaboration with Calvin Harris (Sweet Nothing), which I can just about tolerate. Anything else is not for me. :grimacing:

1 Like

All good here, feel like we didn’t get out share of punk and post punk in the thread is all. You know what it’s like with quota’s, I’d you don’t use them you lose them.

1 Like

Ok I enjoy them both equally, so clearly not a discerning listener :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Which I wouldn’t post in the other thread as I know some audiophiles can be a bit snobbish towards it. I don’t feel judged here.

1 Like

That’s a big call! Proper New Year stuff.

1 Like