Let's talk about what's Moving and Grooving you today! [2023-08]

7 Likes

2 Likes

On my list of the things to play with :+1:

1 Like

It is great, but alas, I love Roon’s GUI. It’s definitely for my inner geek. :nerd_face:

1 Like

It would be the same for me :grin:

200w
giphy (2)
giphy

2 Likes

Just found this thread, and not one to pollute sensible threads with my horrendous humour, I thought I’d do it here.

My favourite sound engineer of the day is me. I’m an engineer and a sound guy to know :rofl::wink::innocent:

3 Likes

Sticking with Radiohead for now.

8 Likes

All India Radio - Subspace…

4 Likes

Moving and Grooving indeed!

2 Likes

I am sure I had their debut album back in '99 or '00.

Just listening to this after your post. :+1:

Refreshing and not just ‘thud, thud, thud’ electronic.

4 Likes

Listening to The Reds, Pinks & Purples - “The Town That Cursed Your Name”…

…while thinking about replacing my classic Brocksieper Minara speakers…

…with a pair of WAF approved Canton Reference 5 k…

No easy task.

5 Likes

That turntable remains a thing of beauty everytime that you show it off Uli.

We all know how important it is is for the WAF, especially if it is going in the living room so if you have her on board spend it all :face_with_peeking_eye::rofl:

We are just sitting down in the living room having a cuppa Red Bush and enjoying this wonderful 10th anniversary edition

9 Likes

@Michael_Harris I need that „Now playing“ thing you have. Lovely.

And a timeless album!

1 Like

I’m with your wife on that one, hate the stuff, reminds me of bad school days.

2 Likes

It was about £12 from Amazon, hopefully you can get one from your Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vinyl-Record-Holder-Display-Stand/dp/B0978PSL94

1 Like

You can download their entire catalogue, 58 albums, for £48. I bought them in 2020 for £35 but there’s been 15 more albums since then…
All available on Bandcamp

1 Like

Spent all evening removing the last of the old 5.1 surround speakers out and it’s cabling. Now repurposed a long with Arcam AVR 360 in my office room. The Q Acoustics 2020i are perfect size for this room, the amp however really isn’t and pumps out too much heat. May look to replace it at some point but it’s better than the hifiberry amp and pi I built into the previous speakers. I do need to get a stand as amps on old ikea lack table that’s creaking under the weight and need some higher speaker stands as well as too low but will do for now. The FiiO M11 Plus is serving up Roon via its line out for now. Might put in the pi from my desk with the Audioquest Dragonfly Black I have spare, or buy a wiim pro plus. Decisions !

Amp at the back near me.

Now listening to

11 Likes

8 Likes

I did that too.

1 Like