Let's Talk about what's Moving and Grooving you today! [2024-01]

Well here it is folks, another day, another month, another year.
Keep on rocking in the free world!

5 Likes

Excellent ACE compilation.

.sjb

7 Likes

uh?? where am I? Is this real??

1 Like

Its definitely NOT AI generated my friend! :grin:

1 Like

Back home after the night out and settled down with a lovely cup of red Bush tea and listening to this :face_with_peeking_eye::flushed::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

8 Likes

6 Likes

My start to the New Year although it’s still 2023 here…lol.

9 Likes

IMG_1931

8 Likes

Here is to a very dear lifelong friend who died in early 2023. :cry: We became instant best friends in 1976 and remained so until his death. His friendship literally saved my life more than once. Needless to say, the loss is still painful and I miss him terribly (it’s taken me this long just to be able to post this).

IMG_1932

13 Likes

5 Likes

Good morning and a happy new year!

6 Likes

Happy new year y’all

6 Likes

Dub Day Afternoon…

Dennis Bovell (inspired)…

Co-Founder of well known 70’s UK reggae band Matumbi & other than recording under his own name, Dennis Bovell is a hugely successful producer working with a who’s who’s of post-punk ‘icons’ and is:

Blackbeard
I Wah Dub (1980)

Along with the Dub Factor Black Uhuru and Johnson’s LKJ in Dub, only Adrian Maxwell Sherwood’s Creation Rebel albums could hold a candle to this piece of dark, twisting, utterly melodic dread reggae. A masterpiece. (allmusic)

Blackbeard

As per above review:

Black Uhuru
The Dub Factor (1983)

I don’t feel this release to be nearly as engaging as Blackbeard. There are some decent riddims, but I think this release was too caught up in the ‘digital’ era of production that separated it from earlier roots reggae.
Dub

I’m a huge fan of LKJ, but alas this is his weakest release, despite what above may have you believe!

Linton Kwesi Johnson
LKJ in Dub (1980)
LKJ in Dub

I posted Creation Rebel (Rebel Vibrations) about two weeks ago, so chose to listen to Starship Africa (1980), because of the recording date & most importantly it’s perhaps their most well regarded album, not to mention I really like it. :grinning:

Creation Rebel

8 Likes

Merry new year to all with their sundries.
A bit on Tangerine dream this morning with their sessions album.
It’s not proper TD I know but it’s decent at this early hour.
I love their early work. Their more recent work is a nice trip back to berlin.
Their very early albums are good too before they changed style and decided to make money.
The hades compilation is highly recommended

4 Likes

HNY everyone, glad to see the back of that one, not the best one for our family or our health. Hoping 2024 is a big improvement.

4 Likes

Sorry for your loss last year. Thank you for sharing this with us :pray::pensive:

In a roundabout way, it’s nice to read people’s life experiences, good, bad or sad, as it builds a picture of who we are and that we’re all the same; music loving humans.

Godspeed to all for the year ahead.

4 Likes

Keeping it worldly at the moment

7 Likes

Slow start, Slow Show. Interesting not having a hangover on the 1st day of the year. Both of us still not drinking so it was odd at the party we went to being the only two not drinking.

3 Likes

I drunk nothing but a small glass of champagne at midnight.
What a strange world we live in :face_with_peeking_eye::thinking:

2 Likes

3 cans of fruit cider between 18:00 to 01:00 and a coffee around 23:00.

Crazy world we live in :rofl:

5 Likes