Let's Talk about what's Moving and Grooving you today! [2024-01]

back from my mom,THX for the good wishes, will tell her tomorrow!

7 Likes

RoonShareImage-638419381042364449

4 Likes

Mate, from one friend to anotherā€¦.

:wink: :rofl:

6 Likes

Managed to track down a CD version of this 1976 recording :grinning:

6 Likes

Tubular Bells. I was just a boy when i first heard this on release. It was almost the same effect as listening to relics (pink floyd) when i was even younger. This album blew me away. It still does.
Just as Bostons debut, Tubular bells was a millstone around Mikes neck. Maybe the worst thing you can do is make a brilliant, awe inspiring debut album.
How do you follow perfection?
You cant!

1 Like

I agree. You canā€™t. And he never did! :rofl:

8 Likes

That sir, is on top of my piles of CDā€™s to play next/first whatever!
Great choice.

1 Like

He never did. Just as Boston never really followed up their debut for the very same reason.

1 Like

True, you canā€™t really top the Boston debut. But ā€˜Donā€™t Look Backā€™ is also very good :grinning:

Flaming Lips with Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots.
Man this album is good as it somehow manages to fuse psych, pop, indie and prog into one.
Its an absolute classic album for me. It just captivates me.

4 Likes

Its ok. But pales alongside the debut. That was impossible to avoid. After their debut they had nowhere to go. Their creative career was essentially over

1 Like

Concur. DLB would have been a fantastic debut album if it hadnā€™t followed their actual debut album.

2 Likes

absolutely

I catch a lot of flack for liking Bush. Yeah, I know. Formulaic Pearlvana. :shrug:

Sixteen Stone is better than Nevermind. There, I said it. Not taking it back.

2 Likes

Interesting opinion.

Iā€™ve started another thread on this:

Fantastic album.

1 Like

Had to be done following this discussion :grinning:

11 Likes

:rofl:

I added it to my queue, so you arenā€™t alone there.

1 Like

I had this one queued before the above ā€œbest firstā€ commentary and I think it also qualifies as a debut that was followed by nothing but disappointment. His subsequent works are good and his talent as a singer/songwriter is not really debatable in my opinion. But, nothing even came close to this album. It is near perfect.

8 Likes