Let's talk (show) guitars and gear

Thanks! 2016 serial number. Fender lookup says January of 2017. Looks to be in pretty darn good shape. Digging the color as much as I had hoped. My first guitar purchase not seeing in person first.

American Professional (1 not 2). 3-saddle vintage style bridge. 9.5" radius neck. Will post initial impressions later.

Pardon the fingerprints

3 Likes

Love the finish. What amp are you using?

Orange micro dark 20w head and 1x8 tiny cabinet. Surprisingly versatile.

1 Like

Do we also need to start a GoFundMe and get you a Dumble?

1 Like

I know the timing of this is going to look bad and I certainly do not want to steal @RPlace thunder but…
Fresh out of the box as well…
Know nothing about it at all , no brand parts I think but it was very fairly priced for a partscaster and the finish swung it, I have ALWAYS been a sucker for a quilted finish and this dark smoke job is worth more than I paid for it imho…lol
Oh and it sounds good too…

4 Likes

Nice job, congrats!

1 Like

Super nice

1 Like

No thunder stealing. We should all get a new guitar everyday. Congrats. Love quilted tops! Enjoy.

1 Like

That’s what the wife thinks I’m doing already :rofl:

However in my defense… I did sell my Gibson V.
It just was not a nice guitar to play, my Tokai V is much better player tbh.

1 Like

More time wasting…thoughts? I’m leaning toward white pearl

5 Likes

Definitely white pearl :+1:

3 Likes

Good, because that is the one I ordered before the guitar actually arrived. Something had me traveling down the black/black pear route.

How’s your new Ax treating you? I’m down to ~ 50 in my Reverb watch list. Most Telecasters and all Surf Green itches have been scratched.

I can’t believe this has lasted over a day.

I keep clicking on it…but would be banished to the backyard if I did it so soon. Still the old saying better to ask forgiveness than permission. Good price, includes shipping and Sweetwater is out of them for the last several weeks. Hmmmmmm

Go on you know you want to…lol
The new partscaster is just fine, it has a ground issue somewhere though on the bridge pickup so going to have to dig into that at some stage, neck is really nice and fast and slim compared to say my PRS Paul Allender, that neck is quite chunky although very slick.
Then I dragged the Les Paul out and…yep there’s a reason it was the most money…lol
It really manages a better metal crunch than the prs and more twang than the partscaster…
Think its time for some real music now though, the cats have all fled…

2 Likes

Personally, I have always liked white or black pickguards, but clearly this is your guitar…van Halen had his own preferences. I need to post a photo of my Schultzcaster. It has no pickguard.

1 Like

This is not the dilemma you feel it is. May I suggest…

”Sweetheart, I was looking at longevity charts…I am closer than ever to my expiration date. You knew my interests long ago. I had other interests which we have never discussed, and I sublimated by focusing on my third favorite material thing…guitars. Now, my favorite things…hookers and blow…are only something to address if my giving up guitars is so important to you…”

2 Likes

Too funny. That phrase comes up at least once a week in our household.

The real problem is I’m always the one advocating downsizing. I keep saying I want liquidate everything and have one t-shirt one pair of blue jeans and and RV. No fixed address, visit every national park in the U.S. then ship it over to Europe. Maybe I need two RVs. One for her to drive and the two of us live in and one for me to drive with all my “stuff” in it.

That’s when your friend calls up from Maui, and says, “Hey, why don’tchya come over to Maui for the weekend and spend a couple of nights over here.”
Oh, no! Now what do I pack? Right, you’ve gotta pack an even SMALLER version of your stuff.

White pearl without question :sunglasses:

3 Likes

This is quite pathetic in one way, and infuriating in another, especially if they get away with it.:angry:

2 Likes

LOL in the comments section

The headstock looks like Stewie Griffin dressed as Ace for Halloween.

1 Like

@AceRimmer can you verify that you and your wife are safe at this time?

1 Like