Let's talk (show) guitars and gear

As safe as we will ever be, many thanks for asking!
Now sane?
Thats another story!

2 Likes

Terribly off topic

1. Thought about you when I saw the trajectory of Ian
  2. We frequently vacationed in Sanibel and considered a condo there
  3. Friends daughter and their four grandchildrenlive in Tampa and evacuated

Glad y’all are safe

1 Like

Ouch to Sanibel Island, not accessible by road ATM as the bridge got destroyed.
Went just once myself.
We were lucky (again) and only got the edge of Ian.
Central Florida including Tampa, Port Charlotte, Fort Myers etc.
Try catastrophic.
Glad your family got out safe but feel really bad for what they will return to.
I know it’s only possessions but it’s also your life in one way.

1 Like

Y’all are likely aware that PRS released their first three pedals. They chose rather off-putting names which will fuel debate in the guitar forums. They are not inexpensive, and they are large unlike modern pedals.

2 Likes

I’m starting to really like the Gibson firebird with reverse headstock.

Thoughts?

3 Likes

Not for me, but I have never really liked the odd shaped like Firebird, Explorer etc.
Sure they are mighty fine guitars though!

1 Like

On another note :notes::smiley:
I had some really bad hum from the bridge pick-up on the Partscaster.
Digging into it some idjit had wired the pickup in backwards on the selector switch :astonished:.
Sorted and I have to say it plays and sounds way better than it has any right to for the price I paid.
Very happy with this little axe.
Hard to get a good picture of it’s finish though as it’s a real deep charcoal grey burst finish.

7 Likes

Thought it was about time this got played.
It’s my daughter’s and I reckon it’s been hanging up at least two years untouched.
I was shocked that it was still in perfect tune…and how eminently playable it is.
Pretty sure I have never tried it before, I know the Fender semi acoustic she had before this Ovation was not that great.

7 Likes

A very good morning at the flea market.
6 CDs, 4 records, and one guitar and amp.
I couldn’t leave the guitar/amp at the price he was asking…yes I have a problem :joy:

8 Likes

Only one problem :thinking:

But you do like a bargain

2 Likes

I saw Strat 100% until I zoomed in. Not a brand on my radar…what do you know about it? Quick Reverb look and it might be mid-70s? If so I bet it is a lot nicer than some stuff you can buy today.

Congrats! How’s is feel and sound?

It’s a dead ringer for my 68 Stratocaster that I kick myself daily for selling back in the 90s when I was “never” going to play again. Black body with white pickguard and rosewood finger board is timeless. Well done.

Aria was a very popular ( at least in England) MIJ brand back in the 70’s and 80’s.
I had a few axes back in the day.
This is not too valuable as a couple on Reverb but still way more than I paid😉.
It definitely needs new strings and the action lowering, a project for another day

1 Like

Its always good to have a project. Looks like a nice little Hiwatt with it. Well done.

Is the sticker staying or going? I actually like the white on black and the placement.

Sticker is already history but then took a heck of a lot of goo be gone to remove the residue.
Fortunately it was not hiding any damage :smiley:
Just me but I despise stickers of any kind😎

I’m typically with ya there…but that one just seemed to fit that guitar. Maybe if you were 25 and gigging in a college bar :sunglasses: :metal:

1 Like

After I peeled it off I thought well maybe I should have left it😂
Too late…lol

1 Like

I get a guitar, @AceRimmer gets a guitar. Few weeks later Ace gets a guitar, I get a guitar. I like this game.

Brown truck just delivered it. Not even played it yet.

4 Likes

I will let you win this game though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Looking very nice!

2 Likes

No, you are up, so another one comes my way. Don’t disrupt the balance of the universe.

OMG the neck is a winner on this one. Smooth as silk. Great set-up. I’m liking it a lot right off the bat.

For those keeping score at home. El-cheap-o Squire Jazzmaster. J Macis Artist edition. Now I gotta figure out all those switches at the top.

5 Likes

Nice paint job!

1 Like