Let's talk (show) guitars and gear

I have the normal Spark - it’s quite good just for playing guitar at lower sound levels in the living room …

1 Like

so there is a new music shop opened in Jacksonville and while Sheba was having her bath and brush at the groomers I thought I would go take a look as it had 5 star reviews from every single reviewer so far.
Just take a look I said…yeah right.
Great bunch of guys and all musicians and quite happy to let me play what I wanted in my own little padded cell so as not to torture other unwitting souls.
And yes this came home with me, I mean really I can soon start my own shop I fear.
Never had a guitar with a Bigsby but I have to say I am now a fan!

4 Likes

Looks very nice!!

1 Like

Is that a Yamaha logo on the headstock? IIRC you had a yellow Yamaha, no?

This one is a beauty!

1 Like

Correct it’s a Yamaha RS720B.
Lightly used at a fair discount on new price.
The neck is quite fat but really slick as well.
Action is very low but the sound is the bomb…lol.
Yamaha are a bit shy with details on the pickups, just saying Filtertron?
But it really growls…it’s more metal edged than my PRS Paul Allender SE and that’s saying something…lol.

And yes I did have an old yellow Yamaha but the colour was the best part of it…lol.
I did actually sell it…shock horror :rofl:

2 Likes

Beautiful guitar @AceRimmer :+1:

1 Like

I remember the old Yamaha SG2000/3000’s from back in the day. Always wanted one, just to be a Les Paul contrarian. But I remember them also being very heavy.

Gorgeous guitars tho.

4 Likes

I remember those. I think Carlos Santana used them at one stage. Beautifully built and finished instruments. The Yamaha Revstar range has a good reputation for bang for buck. I especially hanker after the P90 loaded version.

Ha! Amazing intuition @garym - it was RWH!

1 Like

That’s a lovely guitar @Craig_Palmer - you can’t go wrong with a Princeton Reverb either! I’ll bet it’s a great combo

2 Likes

I also just realized that’s a staple top P-90 in the neck, @Craig_Palmer! Nice touch!

Yea, it’s a cool and flexible combo between the two. Thanks for the note.

1 Like

What a contribution Jim Marshall made:

Yamaha make fantastic guitars. Incidentally, the Yamaha logo is my favourite logo of all time… three pitchforks in a circle. I love it that bikers riding a Yamaha have these little pitchforks on the side of their tank! Enjoy your new guitar.

1 Like

They’re tuning forks!

Correct… I just got used to calling them pitch (as in note) forks. Love them on that logo.

Doh! I was thinking American Gothic! :joy:

2 Likes

Been giving some thought to getting an Orange combo recently. I’ve had a Marshall DSL 401 for more than 20 years, so maybe time for a change :man_shrugging: - or more likely an addition if I’m being honest :rofl:

2 Likes

I love my Orange 30 combo, more than enough grunt and plenty of sizzle when needed.

1 Like