Let's talk (show) guitars and gear

“Because his life wasn’t cool enough already” :joy:

2 Likes

I’d be mildly miffed if I were Jason Momoa. That flame pattern doesn’t resemble Greeny hardly at all.

The original

5 Likes

Merry Christmas to all. Hope Santa found you. Too big to wrap I was told. No detail overlooked as I got a matching brown and black strap.

40th anniversary Squire telecaster. Double binding. Aged hardware. Tinted neck. Pretty good looking, I think. I’m digging it so far.

11 Likes

The wife did get me a Fender TShirt…which is quite amusing as I dont own a Fender :innocent:
Of course I might have to go buy one to match the shirt…lol
Enjoy your new axe!

4 Likes

Did not take that long…rofl.
I saw this 50th Anniversary Strat and just fell in love.
Made the owner a silly offer on Reverb and I thought I had peeved him as no reply but with about 3 minutes before it was to expire he countered with just $50 more.
So that was it…accept! Boing!
Yes its made in Mexico whereas the 40th Anniversary was made in the USA but just look at that colour…

No there is no hope for me…

6 Likes

Lovely guitar - welcome to Fender ownership :sunglasses:

1 Like

Well I did sell two guitars before Christmas and I am actively selling all my cassette tape gear and tapes so I figured I would still be on the right side after buying this.
That’s my story and I’m sticking to it!

1 Like

I’m convinced…

1 Like

That’s really nice. I mean the cushion of course.

2 Likes

What else😉

1 Like

My wife got this for me in 2004, the Strat and I were both born in 1954. This is the 50th anniversary model, I can’t remember all the details but I think the pickups were wound by the same woman who wound the pickups for the first Strat. I usually pick up an acoustic when I want to play guitar, but I have put them in the closet for now and have resolved to play this one more going forward.

6 Likes

Two 50th Strats in just a few posts. Nice!

I’m typically not a fan of gold hardware but it surely works on that one. Aztec Gold, Shoreline gold, something else??? BTW, G&G case is a nice bonus. Tweed is my favorite. Sounds like a good deal too.

Very cool story and the wife is a keeper. Keep us posted on your electric progress in the coming months. I find I reach for the acoustics more just because they are “easier” for me than going to the basement where more of the electronics are sitting.

1 Like

I have a HyVibe on my Emerald X7 acoustic and it’s brilliant for adding a bit of reverb acoustically or any of the other effects.
Then there is the looping et al… It just makes playing acoustic so much fun… It’s keeping me away from an electric anyway…

2 Likes

Aztek Gold.
And yes the tweed case is an excellent bonus I thought too!
All of the gold just works together and it’s pretty flawless finish all round.

1 Like

@RPlace!! Holy… that’s a Kay Kraftsman! One of the greatest slide guitars ever to grace our presence!

2 Likes

Good eye and yes it is… actually I believe it is a Kay Value Leader 1961. I’ll get better pix tomorrow. I think many posts up are pix of internals.

I think you are correct…
Kay Value Leader K1961 Sunburst Kay Value Leader K1961 Sunburst | Reverb

Many guitars have passed through my hands over the years, but this one will remain.

Meet Joujouka:

Battle scars close-up:

8 Likes

@jamie as promised. BTW yours is beauty!

Kind of a cool story, and a bit sad. I had a friend who flipped and tore down houses to rebuild them in the waterfront area of Norfolk Virginia. Ocean view, specifically, if anybody knows the area. He was always dealing with junk that people left behind. Once in awhile something cool like LPs or an old bike. He found this in one of his houses and brought it home with him. Sadly he passed that the young age of 48. I guess you never know what’s around the corner. I’m now the latest custodian of it.

My guitar teacher is a touring musician and told me he uses a Kay for slide. So while my skills might not quite be up to snuff at least I’m in good company with the guitars I keep.

This one has more than its share of Battle scars. But I actually dig that about it…like yours above. It’s older than I am and looks worse than me, so I got that going for me.

Not a ton of info on line. The 1961 is model not year. There is also a 1962 and 1963 with two and three pickups accordingly. I’ve not seen another with all metal tuning heads…all the others I’ve seen have plastic buttons. Not sure if mine is original or not. Best guess is early 60s but no definitive date.

5 Likes