Lifetime price increase, $499 -> $699

The ship had sailed. The $499 lifetime subscription price is gone. Period.

The message everyone should take from this is that it is time to buy the lifetime subscription now if you ever want to get it. Because when it does go away, and it will, you are probably not getting any advanced notice.

1 Like

The ‘end’, is the end of lifetime subs. Hopefully soon.
That’s the ‘End’!

1 Like

Agreed.
But I presume you mean 1/1/2020? :wink:

1 Like

announced or unannounced? :wink:

2 Likes

Announce it Danny: 01/01/2020. End of! :+1:

1 Like

I can read the writing on the wall. Do or die! :joy:

Now if only you had negotiated $200 off the price of the DSP5200.2 you wouldn’t have had any issues :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Dan, your example is how JRiver rolls. The fees add up with product upgrade subscriptions, just like annual fees. I quit Buying JRMC at version 25. The Roon lifetime subscription was designed to garner funding at the product rollout. It kept Roon from having to borrow money. It stayed at the $499 price for four plus years, and the price jump is intended to steer you away from it. The only reason it wasn’t dumped completely is some Roon partnered equipment manufacturers include it with pricey equipment. Once that is resolved, it will likely disappear.

You guys are funny. Every company should be interested in gaining customers, not sending them elsewhere… :thinking:

1 Like

It doesn’t matter which way you proceed, people won’t like it.

:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::weary::weary::tired_face::tired_face:

Just pony up the cash or move along. Its just that simple.

After a few years of playing with the usual suspects, you’ll be back…just hope the price won’t increase from $699 to $999 in the mean time.

1 Like

Roon sees the lifetime subscription as a detriment at the $499 price. Why is that hard to understand. Businesses raise product prices all the time without prior notice.

I’m surprised that they kept it all except for their equipment partners.

1 Like

To answer your question of me in post 407:
What’s the mystery? The mystery to me is that people like you seem to think that if you repeat your complaint enough times in this thread, that you’re somehow going to change Danny’s mind.

What is it they say, something like; if a person continues to do the same thing over and over again expecting different results…

2 Likes

Agreed!

I’d always leave it an option though, just make people pay through the teeth to get it…maybe $1500.

Better yet, offer an easy payment plan ie financing.

You realize that the vast majority of satisfied customers just sit on the sidelines with no need to vent. You are assuming that because so many unhappy customers are posting that they make up a large portion of the Roon community. All very common on all sites.

2 Likes

You are correct. This price increase makes me grin ear-to-ear, like buying a stock and watching the value go up by 40%. Last time I felt like this was when I purchased a box of Mullard NOS tubes for $20/tube and the price increased to over $150/tube.

2 Likes

If this extra $200.00 is going to kill me than my life is not worth as much as I thought. Just purchased the Lifetime.

14 Likes

All the venting is part of the healing process. Next comes the $699 purchase.:wink:

3 Likes

You mean like 1.5 years of Roon subscription?

1 Like

But think of all the money you could have spent on coke. And hoes…? :dizzy_face:
image image

5 Likes