Lightning strike destroyed my Raid array and music collection

Actually I didn’t sell the CDs - I donated them to local charity shops in batches some time back.
The SO actually has some CDs kept in the loft but oh dear what a load of tripe. Even she admits she would be embarrassed to donate them to charity now.

I have been working on the company NAS where the backup was stored to see if anything can be recovered, sadly it seems one single iSCSI machine backup obliterated my recovery chances.

A different take on the record/(film) industry and licensing would be - why are we as users paying for the same thing over and over at full price in different formats? Eg If I have the LP - why dont I get the CD and then the download at a reduced price as I already paid for the licence for the music and should just be paying for the media. Also why is a high def download direct from the artist eg Muse 50% more than the CDQ or mp3 one? The answer of course is obvious.

Still fretting about what to do about this, and just want to say again how much I appreciate everyones support here. Fortunately work is so busy right now that I am working 7days/week and it is keeping me distracted - for a while at least.