Limited Artists/Albums Displayed in Roon ARC with Android Auto (ref#39DALU)

Affected Product

Roon ARC, the latest Early Access version from the forum, not from Google Play.

ARC Issue Category

Device Integration (DACs, Carplay, Android Auto)

Description of Issue

When using AA, ARC shows only a subset of the artists and albums available in my library, even though I’m connected to the server. It seems this issue is not present when using the app in the phone, but it definitely is with AA.

The issue is library-wide and at the artist level as well, i.e. it does not display all the artists or albums in my library, and it does not display all albums of a specific artist either.

Roon Core Platform

macOS

Roon Core Specifications

Macbook Pro 16 inch 2019, MacOS Ventura 13.5 . Intel i9

Connected Audio Devices

Samsung S22+ // Android Auto

Home Network Details

I have connectivity to the Roon Server, so that’s not an issue. The test performed was using my mobile’s internet.

Hi, @Edvard, thank you for your post. Could you, please, elaborate on the last sentence? Do you mean in albums browser?

Android Auto enforces a limit to how many items can be shown in any list. In this case, it’s about 200 items. What you are seeing is your browsers sorted by Most Played, as we found this worked well for the most common use case—“I want to listen to something immediately that I will probably like”—and it made the on-screen alphabetical indexing control most useful.

Thanks!

Ivan

Hi @ivan , thanks for the info. I’ll report this back to the AA team then.

In your opinion, what would be a good/reasonable limit?

Cheers!
Edvard