Link for bios for Intel NUC 11 Performance Mini PC Kit

I got nuc11pahi7 and put memory and ssd inside. I am trying to upgrade bios from intel site. I am having hard time to find bios link. Appreciate any link

My model is Intel NUC 11 Performance Mini PC Kit

I am following this link from Roon.

It seems they removed the BIOS downloads because they aren’t selling NUCs anymore, there were a few other posts on the forum about it.

But with a NUC11 there is no reason for updating the BIOS, the recommendation on the ROCK instructions stems from earlier NUC models that had an issue in the preinstalled BIOS at some time. Just ignore it

1 Like

Thanks I installed successfully. One thing I don’t understand is it assigned ip address 47.197.150.x. I expected ip addess from eero router like 192.168 etc. Is Roon paying for this ip address? Is it better to put static ip with address like 192.168… etc.
Appreciate recommendation on changing to static and pros and cons or leave it like 41.197.

Where does it show that address?

1 Like

I see it here

No, you have put ROCK on a public IP address.

AJ

Then this gets assigned by your router (apparently, as it’s using DHCP) and it’s not normal because this is a public address. Are you using a VPN?

47.197.150 seems to be an ISP, FTR3 FiberOptic-D in Brandon, FL.

It is weird. My router should always assign ip addesses like 192.168.x etc. Because of starting with 47. My roon remote can’t even find roon server. Not sure why it setup ip address like that. Let me reboot roon and then connect ehternet to get new ip address starting with 192

1 Like

I am not using VPN. I tried setting to local ip 192.168… as static and rebooted and now on monitor nuc shows http://192.168.4.x, but I can’t access this ip through browser. is there anyway I can ask it to reset ip or make it to get fresh ip?

When I run resetnerowk, I see on monitor http://47.197.x and now I can access this through browser. But can’t figure out how to make it to get 192.168 ip

In your first screenshot the 47. address was assigned by DHCP, i.e., apparently by your router, so I would investigate there.

If you assign a static address in the ROCK admin page, then you need to tell your router to exclude this address from its DHCP assignment, so that you don’t cause an IP address collision later (if your router happens to assign the same address to another device). And at this point, it’s much easier to keep using DHCP but tell your router to reserve a particular address 192.168.x.x for the NUC.

However, the router should never have assigned the 47. address in the first place.

Is the apparent owner of 47.197.150 really your ISP, FTR3 FiberOptic-D in Brandon, FL?

The latest BIOS for my NUC11 was on the Asus website.

Thanks for the suggestion. I am good now. Not sure why it assigned ip adderss strting with 47. Now it assigned with 192. I have to reinstall and fixed the issue. The issue could be new netgear switch somehow confused.

I am using DHCP and made reservation using eero. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Very strange indeed, but glad you got it sorted. One step closer to enjoying the music :slight_smile:

1 Like

I completed install. For missing codec it takes me to web page and that says this
For example, grab https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/builds/ffmpeg-git-amd64-static.tar.xz

I did extract from this link and copied to Rock data folder and I see codecs error gone. I am assuming above link is right and did not understand why it says ‘for example’ when that link is only way to get codecs to copy to NUC.

Making sure this is right.

ffmpeg is open source software. John van Sickle makes compiled binaries available but you could also grab the source from GitHub - FFmpeg/FFmpeg: Mirror of https://git.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.git and compile it yourself, for instance.

If the error message is gone, you should be fine. You could head over to the Live Radio stations and listen to an mp3 stream to confirm that it works.

1 Like

I am glad finally I am able to play songs from the folder. Rightnow temporarily using hard drive with folder containing albums. I am getting external SSD today. If I create same folder with all albums on SSD and disconnect current hard disk and put external SSD with the folder, does it work? Or do I need to do anything different?

Also, I am assuming I can map \rock on my laptop and copy albums to the folder on external SSD is the way to put more albums day to day. I just wanted to make sure.

Appreciate it.

When moving files from one hard disk to another, the proper instructions are in the link below. These ensure that Roon recognizes the files on the new disk as the same as the files on the old disk, so that you don’t lose any edits, which you definitely want if you move the files again in the future:

You may not care about any edits (or playcounts etc.) right now, if you just played the files from the old disk for the time being. The general information about external storage is here, make sure to format the external disk as exFAT as mentioned:;

When you are done, head to Settings > Library > Clean Up Library, to remove any traces of the old (now moved) files from the database.

Yes.

1 Like

Thanks for the links. Now I understood how to manage local library files. I will format external SSD using exfat for compatibility with Windows. It seems it is recommended for scheduled back ups.

Since roon database is on SSD, I am not sure if it could crash. However, I plan to setup backup on external SSD that I am using for music storage and creating separate folder for backups.

Thanks for all the help.

1 Like