Linn Organik DSM

It is now two years since this product was launched. Still it is not correctly recognised by Roon, and I am unable to play or upsample to DXD or DSD 256.

Not really good enough especially as in contrast the new Naim NSC 222 has been tested.
Come on Roon two years should be long enough to move this forward.

1 Like

@SWC + @Chris_Cook

I thought that Linn DSM only supports DSD64 (2.8224MHz) and DSD128 (5.6448MHz) sample rates

Torben

1 Like

The Organic DAC now supports DSD256 and 24-bit/384kHz.

Than this site has not been updated:

https://docs.linn.co.uk/wiki/index.php/DSD_Support

Torben

From the same page about half way down.

• Supports DSD64 (2.8224MHz) and DSD128 (5.6448MHz) sample rates.
    • DSD256 is only supported on Klimax DSM (2020 variant).
      The Klimax DSM (2020 variant) contains the relatively new Organic DAC

@SWC Sorry my mistake.

I have the Linn Selekt DSM Surround and this play max DSD128

Torben

Ignore the icon - this is the 2020 Klimax DSM (AV)

Why is it downsampling the DSD file then? :blush:

Perhaps ask Linn the question - surely they will/could provide the answer?

My take is it supports recognition of DSD256, albeit downsampled but not native playback. But you could be right - it could also be that it is not “technically” correctly reported by Roon as the new 2020 variant.

No it does not recognise DSD256, that is why it is downsampling!! If you read posts you will see that Linn have done everything at their end, the delay is with Roon. There is nothing “technical” about it. Hence my post!! Roon supports DXD and DSD256, thats why it reports it. It will do the same irrespective of the capabilities of the DAC.

It supports 256 the issue is with Roon

2 Likes

I know it does - read the post correctly.

By ‘it” I meant the Linn, as in I know it supports DSD256. The reason I said ask Linn is they may prefer to explain the holdup privately rather than publicly.