Linn Remote functions

Hi everyone!
I use Qobuz and for the second time I´m trying Roon, mostly for the GUI because I think the Linn app sucks :confounded:.
My streamer is a Linn Selekt DSM with Catalyst Dac hooked up to my router with cable.
I have the Core on my iMac (only wi-fi) until I decide what to do…
Now to my question about the remote.
When I use the linn app or playing radio or whatever the remote have full functions, but when using Roon the volume +/- is only working.
I can not play or pause? For that I have to use the Roon app on my iPad.

reg, Ola

Yes, correct. The Linn device remote will not control Roon playback functions on your Linn.

Hi, @Ola_Sjostrand.

Unfortunately, there really is no way to get the Linn remote to support transport controls when using Roon as a source. Many Roon users use other strategies that do allow for, at minimum, play and pause controls.

I personally use rooDial, which you can read about here: rooDial a Wireless Volume Knob for Roon with Microsoft Surface Dial

rooNuimo is a similar option, though the hardware is more difficult to acquire. Deep Harmony is another option - it enables use of a Logitech Harmony controller. These options all require a bit of tinkering but are very manageable if you’re interested.

1 Like

There are even more choices like the Apple Watch. On my homepage all can be seen:

Best DrCWO

2 Likes

I found that pausing the Linn DSM in the control Roon software then allowed the Linn remote to operate properly. Maybe others could try this as well?

Yes, Alex, it is now possible to pause, skip tracks and move back to previous ones etc with the Linn Remote on some DS/DSMs. This came with the latest firmware making them Roon Ready. It also leads to a significant improvement in sound quality.

1 Like