Linn Sondek LP12 playing 45s

They look lovely in a wooden plinth I reckon.

1 Like

Don’t you already have a SL-5?

Sl-7 but I’m not sure it’s very well. :expressionless:

Sorry, typo yes it was the sl-7 same as mine.

Probably the pick of the Technics linear trackers is the SL-10.
But you are likely looking at close to $1000 for a restored one nowadays.
I should never have sold mine :frowning:

I don’t get it, but that’s OK. Lots of things I don’t get.

1 Like

Wot TF?? It’s a beautiful looking deck.

1 Like

In the eye of the beholder.

Don’t get what in particular this time Jim :grinning:

I thought I was clear, “It.” :wink:

You wanted an LP12. Yeah?

1 Like

No, I have no LP’s, 45’s, or 78’s.

1 Like

I just bought this baby home… been 40 years since I last had a Garrard 301&401 but left them for dead when I went traveling and never returned to get them.

Garrard 401 with Grace 840F arm - pictured with Ortofon OM2 Broze

This is TT #9, an LP12 (no 45RPM options on it) is also part of the collection with a Basik arm and Valhalla Motor board.

Garrard source for parts and service here https://www.classichifi-shop.co.uk/

6 Likes

I have an SL7… great little deck and not too hard to fix if its just the small rubber belt that drives the arm mechanism. Rubber feet tend to have died by now though - not sure on replacing them with something adequate but I used dome acoustic isolation pods :smiley:

But the garrard 301/401 (at least in UK/EU) is a tank and maybe not too hard to find a good one. Of course a good plinth and arm will also be needed. In USA a 60Hz capstan wheen is is needed aand ideally a 60Hz marking platter also desirable.

Many other good TT’s around depending on the likes of looks and needs of course.

Hope you find what you are lookiing for

If you get a fixer upper then vinylengine.com is the place to find manuals and service info etc.

@ged_hickman1 Keep us posted on your progress buddy. Dont shy away from the older models…plenty of life in these old dames yet.