Linux Fedora - where to start?

I am a bit lost, I have just installed Fedora after trying lots of other distrobutions the last being Linux mint. I installed using the roon-on-wine script which has worked for in the past. Anyway it is not working now, it installs but nothing happens when I click on the icon.

I am using Fedora 39, Linux Kernel Version 6.5.12-300.fc39.x86_64, Gnome version 45.1, Windowing system x11. In the wine configuration I have Windows 10 set as the version. Wine is version 8.19 installed from the rpm. I also have winetricks install from the rpm too. I have my roon core on an NUC, and that is working no problem.

I am fairly new to Linux, and brand new to Fedora so I am not quite sure where to start or trouble shoot. Does anyone have instructions that I might try?

Thanks for reading.

Lots of discussion for running the Roon GUI on Linux here. IIRC the Roon-on-Wine script might currently not be working

1 Like

Hi @tahsu ,

I’m the author of the script and I run Fedora as my daily driver.
So it should definitely work. Instead of clicking on the icon, have you tried starting it from a shell like:

./start_my_roon_instance.sh

Thanks

Hi @spockfish. I unistalled wine from the software store and directly installed via the wine website. I am currently running wine-8.19 (staging). It seems to be working now, but more through luck I think!