Listening to a hidden gem (just one suggestion each!)

It’s on Qobuz (US) as is original Foxbase Alpha

1 Like

Love a bit of madrugada. Majesty live encourages even my wife to find the volume control. (Upward)

Awesome. Can I ask where you found it? I have the vinyl but would love a good digital copy.

1 Like

Here: Saint Etienne - Foxbase Beta. Heavenly Recordings.

Oops: Ged beat me to it.

1 Like

Google nimbleness. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I was preoccupied listening to Foxbase Beta :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Thank you too!

Oops, thank you as well Martin!

1 Like

Me first hidden gem was jazz so here one for all you rock 'n rollers, and this is truly hidden and is a more than a gem, it’s a diamond. the fact that not on any 500 Greatest lists just proves how lacking many list are. Come on only a handful of people actually think that Captain Beefheart’s Trout Mask Replica belongs on 500 Greatest list, let alone in the top 100. Trout Mask (I’m one of them :duck:)

Trout Mask is the worst album I’ve ever heard. I bought it 2nd hand as I’d seen it, pre internet, in recommendations. God awful.

2 Likes

Thanks for that glowing review! So glad that you enjoyed it! :crazy_face:

1 Like

Interesting review of Frank Zappa’s Hot Rats , melody maker I think. Quote how did they get Captain Beefheart to do something so straight :clown_face:

I agree with your synopsis , interesting cover but …

4 Likes

@ged_hickman1 @Mike_O_Neill

Enough about the Captain. Now what do you think about NRBQ? Hopefully their rock 'n roll chops will me to redeem myself after my jazz and Beefheart leanings :pleading_face:

Lovely album. Anyone who likes this will like O’Hara’ soundtrack to “Apartment Hunting” as well.

You’re the only other person I’ve come across that has that album or even knows of MMOH.

I have Apartment Hunting too and while I like it, it’s no “Miss America.”