Listening to Electronic/House/techno/IDM/EDM

RoonShareImage-637265374008593851

Thanks for this - one of the nicest albums I’ve heard this year.

1 Like

Nice! Saw this Satie crossover track by Thylacine. Nice.

RoonShareImage-637266916525737963

I think this is a great track from the 1975. Reminds me of Jon Hopkins.

RoonShareImage-637266955529438726

I recall when their first album was released to much fanfare. I tried to get into it, but something was missing or I didn’t give it enough listens. Don’t think I’ve kept up with any of their later releases.

Jon Hopkins ‘sounding’ has sparked my interest again. Cheers.

1 Like

It’s only this track with Hopkins vibes. The album itself is all over the place from Greta Thunberg via some punk to 2-step. But I find the album interesting somehow :grinning:

1 Like

Yep, I have a ticket on this one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m always Shazam’ing cool stuff playing at my local coffee shop.

5 Likes

Another Shazam at the local coffee spot

5 Likes

Benoît Honoré Pioulard and Sean Curtis Patrick

Avocationals (2019)

Ambient drone from Portland’s Thomas Meluch & friend SCP dedicated to the shipwrecks in the Great Lakes. You don’t have to hear water effects or ship horns to get acquainted with the vibe. It comes to mind when confronted with the lonely, adrift sounds contained throughout these nine tracks.

I suspect when listening to this it may be mood dependent to how one feels about it: perhaps just average drone ambient with some added synths & tapes or the quietness & subtleties are a perfect companion to the gentle, sad refrains that percolate through this album with occasional deep bass drones echoing the rolling waves & every sound covered in thick fog awaiting the inevitable.

RoonShareImage-637269788105029956

2 Likes

Out today … been waiting and it’s pretty great!

6 Likes

Wow wow wow. That song Mad Rush. Jesus, what a ride.

Whole album is amazing.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation - this is a fabulous album :slight_smile:

Agreed. I think that may well be the best new track I’ve heard this year. Stunning. The final ‘VINYL EXCLUSIVE’ track is also pretty awesome.

Looking forward to listening to this album :sunglasses:

RoonShareImage-637271458189057310
Down right sexy

2 Likes

1 Like

Very nice EP. Had to find it via his i_o name though (Garrett Lockhart comes up empty).

2 Likes

Not sure if this abum is already mentioned but here it is again!

RoonShareImage-637273080146827299
From deejay.de
Laurine Frost’s debut album ‘LENA’ reinterpretates Dostoyevsky’s surreal novel and presents an utopistic self-revelation that leads to an exquisite musical journey. A weird collage of jazz and dub-fusions as an extension of wonky polyrhythmic patterns and the organic abstraction of bass-heavy drums, breaks and percussions. Call it as electronica, IDM or techno – anyhow, you are wrong. This album doesn’t seem to fit into any genre. Laurine Frost tends to master his story-telling skills by inviting the listener to 13 imaginary scenes that can be approached, heard and understood from different points of view. A living and stirring masterpiece that is independent from time and actual trends.

1 Like

How is it?

1 Like