Dear Roon Team and community,
I am new to Roon and am exited about the software. But I do have a question about Hi-Res Files through Tidal and my Devialet 200. Following Setup:
- Tidal Hi-Res (Master) files
- Roon on Windows 2010
- Devialet 200 connected via Ethernet
Roon shows me on Signal Path something like “TIDAL FLAC 48 kHz 24 bit MQA 192 kHz” without any further details. Now my questions:
- Is it a correct interpretation, that Roon has no capability to unfold MQA using the Tidal Engine or the internal DAC?
- If not, is there another way WITHOUT additional hardware to listen to Tidal MQA files in full resolution?
- I know that you are working on MQA unfolding. Do you have a schedule by now when direct MQA unfolding in Roon will be supported?
- And last question: are you planning to integrate a search/display option of MQA files at some point? Currently, I have to check in Tidal, if the album is available in MQA and cannot see that in Roon’s library.
Thank you very much for a detailed answer! For me, the software only makes sense, if the Hi-Res playback is possible with my hardware so I would like to know before the end of the trial period on Jan. 15.