Little bug in album view

Hi, potential little bug in album view: when I reach for an album starting from a track in a playlist through the “go-to ” menu on the 3 dots menu of the track, even if the album is already in the Library it appears as if it is not. So the + sign appears instead of the hearth and one cannot like the tracks of the album because roon “believes” the Album is not in the library…

If you open the Album from the library everything is ok, it shows correctly and give you access to the “heart” symbols

Streaming from Qobuz

anyone else experiencing this? Am I doing something wrong?
g

You’re not doing anything wrong and it’s well known. I don’t know if it would be fixable in the current architecture, but as it is, it is probably a result of this fundamental difference between library and non-library as discussed here, for instance, and threads linked from there:

Understand, thank you.

I also see that the posts on the topic are back to 2021, so I see no big hope for efforts in this direction. I’ll try to find workarounds…

Anyway I understand and even like the Library centric architecture, but use cases such as liking tracks on the fly, syncing favorites tracks from Qobuz/Tidal with liked tracks in Roon, are basic and widely diffused practices that keep (I believe many) Roon users tied to switch back and forth between Roon and their streaming service… hope to see some thoughts on this in future

g

I still believe we are experiencing a bug here. I don’t want to reopen the Library/No Library discussion but this screen is inconsistent. If I have a Qobuz track which happens to be also in the Library if I see the screen it seems I can add it to the Library again (+ symbol)… oops I cannot indeed (grayed out ‘add-to-library’ option)

This screen is not clear, two opposite indication are shown. The + sign should change maybe in another symbol that allows one to jump to the Library version

That screenshot is looking at the original Qobuz album.

What you appear to have done is add one track from this EP to your library, and then clicked on the “View complete album on Qobuz”:

That then shows you the “+” for adding the complete album, which works, and the “+” symbol will change to the blank :heart:symbol, indicating that the complete album is now in your library. The “Add to library” sub-menu option is ghosted out because you already have at least one track added to your library.

Thanks Geoff!

So the ‘+’ performs a different action than the drop down menu option ‘add to library’? In what they are different in this case? what is the + meant to do and the ‘add to library’ meant to do?

Anyway this is a single release with Album = Track, I’ll try with other Album and focus better the issue soon

If you have not added any tracks from the streamed album to your library, then the “+” and the “Add to library” do the same thing - they add the complete album to your library.

If, however, you have already added at least one track (but not the complete album) to your library, then only the “+” action is valid - and adds the complete album into the library. The “Add to library” is ghosted in this situation and can act as a reminder that your library already has at least one track from the album in it.

It’s a Single with two tracks; my screenshot showed the result of adding just one track to my library…

I now certainly understand after your explanation. But you might agree that it’s at least confusing to begin with…

The actions I’m expecting when I’m on a similar view are

• to see the information that “at least one or some track is in the Library” should be on each track line (e.g. library symbol per track)
  • I’d like to be able to add whole Album to Library, if it is not yet added (ok there is the +, so maybe this exists already)
  • Quickly jump to the Album Library version if it exists already instead
  • Quickly jump to the single Track Library version (by clicking the library symbol at line level)

In this way I’m always aware of the rapport between Qobuz view and Library correspondent and I can go back and forth (for example to put tags, hearts, to Library tracks/albums)

:slight_smile:

For (1) - when you are looking at the Qobuz source - you are looking at the album as it is known in Qobuz - and the Qobuz service has no way of knowing what is in your Roon library. For Roon Labs to add this information would require development and support resources - you can always post your suggestion in the Feature Suggestions category. Posts in this category are always read by Roon Labs, but they very rarely comment directly on the suggestions.

For (2) - yes, use the “+” to add the complete album into your library.

For (3) - there is currently no way of doing this when viewing the Qobuz sources. You can do this in reverse when viewing your own library: the Versions tab will show you if a Qobuz version exists. In the example we’ve been looking at, you can see that in my case where I’ve just added one track from the Qobuz album to my library, my library version has one track, while the album in Qobuz has two tracks:

For (4), it is the same as for (1) - you are looking at the Qobuz source. Again, you can post your suggestions in the Feature Suggestions category of the forum.

I’ll post suggestions at FR as you advice, since I think those things would improve massively the product UX

thank you for the fruitful discussion