Live Radio metadata for 100+ stations incl. BBC, Radio France, FLAC radios and more

Oh, so your metadata-acquisition etc is all built in to Roon? In thought I’d have to import some data into Roon for it to be able to get the metadata.

The simple answer is yes.

1 Like

Update Jan 4th, 2023

• Added Sud Radio [talk, France]
  • Added Alouette FM [pop, France]

Total active stations: 164

1 Like

Update Jan 5th, 2023

• Added NRJ [pop, France]
  • Added Nostalgie [French Oldies, France]
  • Added Rire et Chansons [Comedy, France]
  • Added Radio Meuh [Electro, France]

Total active stations: 168

1 Like

Update Jan 6th, 2023

• Added Chill In Zone ([Lounge, MP3 320Kbpbs] and Chill In Zone + [Lounge, FLAC]
  • Reviewed and improved support of dynamic covers to 85 stations approx. incl BBC, Radio France etc. This functionality is not available in Roon (for now, unless we can make it a strong point to them :slight_smile: ) but is available to other services.

Total active stations: 170
Dynamic covers : 85

I’ve posted a feature request for the integration of covers on the Now Playing screen for Live Radios: Improve Live Radio Now Playing Screen with stations provided covers/pics

Please vote :slight_smile: !

3 Likes

Update Jan 8th, 2023

• Added new SuperStereo 8 [FLAC, soul and ballads 70s 80s 90s]

Total active stations: 171
Dynamic covers : 85

Done.

And well done.

1 Like

C’est fait Rémi, bravo. :clap:

1 Like

Done Rémi. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Bonjour Rémi, penses-tu que ce serait réalisable pour les radios RMN ?

Hello Rémi, do you think this would be feasible for RMN radios?

dp

Update Jan 10th, 2023

• Added RMN radio channels (all 4) [French Brittany, eclectic] title artist cover

Total active stations: 175
Dynamic covers : 86

@Dirk-Pitt all 4 channels seem to stream the same music at the moment, and share the same data source. Let me know if there are hours where they differ so that I can investigate.

// 20230110123103
// https://radio-metadata.fr/api?id=rmn

{
“radio”: “rmn”,
“lastupdate”: “2023-01-10T11:26:17.707Z”,
“mode”: “song”,
“data”: {
“metadata”: “THE FAIM - THE HILLS”,
“title”: “THE HILLS”,
“artist”: “THE FAIM”,
“cover”: “https://www.lesindesradios.fr/servicesimb/images?version=6&iid=t/th/thefaim/thehills_1643987442000
}
}

2 Likes

@alec_eiffel I only listen to the “Concarneau” version. I think you are right, it must only be the news that is different. Anyway, thank you very much.

1 Like

Update Jan 11th, 2023

• Added Tsuiokuyo’s FLAC Anime Music title info [OGG lossless] metadata / no cover
1 Like

I just recently discovered that the tracks in Live Radio are not only displayed but also linked to the actual albums in my library or on streaming services. Great feature … this has immediately become my favourite way of getting started / getting an impulse of what on earth (of all the thousands and thousands of albums and songs) I could listen to today.

Update Jan 19th, 2023

• Added Juice 103.8 [OGG lossless] metadata + cover / OGG stream not supported by Roon
  • Added Radio Canada ICI Première, ICI Musique and ICI Musique Classique [AAC] metadata + program pic
  • Added cover history browser on Metadata Server https://radio-metadata.fr/ui
2 Likes

Update Jan 23rd, 2023

• Added Radio X [FLAC] “artist - title”, no cover
1 Like

Update Feb 1st, 2023

• Added Zappa Stream Radio [FLAC] “artist - title”, no cover
  • Added La SuperSonica [FLAC] “artist - title”, no cover
  • Added OpenSky Radio [FLAC] “artist - title”, with cover
  • Added CN’O [FLAC] “artist - title”, no cover
  • Added Chiru [FLAC] “artist - title”, no cover

Note that some on these are not available in Roon because of the long lasting “FLAC EOS/BOS” bug.

1 Like

Update Feb 2nd, 2023

• Added LapFox Radio [FLAC], covers available
  • Fixed Rondo Klasu and Klasu Pro [FLAC], no cover
1 Like

Is there a way to add metadata for the NTS radio stations?