Live Radio/My Live Radio not playing any stations

I have my ROON server on a Nucleus and play either through an Ipad, Samsung S20 or PC Desktop to sets of Sonos speakers, KEF LS50 Wireless II speakers or through a LINN Majik / MELCO N1 combination to Graham speakers, depending on the room.
For the last few weeks I have been unable to play any of some 60 assorted radio stations, on any or through any of the above devices. Each time I get the message “Unable to play this station, its address may have changed or it may be temporarily unavailable”. All other ROON services work fine and I am able to listen to all music, either stored or through Qobuz without problem. As I say, this has only happened recently, possibly associated with having migrated to Starlink for broadband, from EE. However, since I can play all my other music with no problem, I’m not sure if this has anything to do with it. Any advice would be much appreciated. Incidentally, may I also put out a call to request a solution to ROON ARC on Starlink, although I have been following what has been said about this previously. Many thanks, Brian

Hi @Brian_Schrire,

Thank you for your post and we apologize for the delay.

If you’re experiencing this error with a handful of stations, it’s possibly related to stream format changes on the part of the radio stations.

However, 60 stations suggests this might be an address resolution issue, likely related to the ISP switch.

I recommend assigning a reliable custom DNS server, such as Cloudflare DNS, Quad9 or Google DNS, in the Starlink administration.

The Starlink IPv6 nomenclature issue is in the queue with our developers and should be fixed in an upcoming release. However, not all Starlink users have an IPv6-format WAN IP address; many early Starlink users, especially, still have IPv4 addresses. If that’s the case, then you’ll likely be able to manually port forward by trying a few port ranges.

This topic was automatically closed after 43 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.