Live Radio not working in ROON. Working fine in bLUEos

Running ROON Rock on Intel NUC. Roon server version 2.0 (build 1357)
Setup is stable and everything works great, except for Live Radio.
I can play files stored on a drive on my local network
I can play files stored on my BlueSound Vault
I can stream via Quobuz and Tidal.
However, Live Radio does not plat and I get teh following error:
“Playback was interrupted because a track failed to load”.

Note: Radios work fine when I control the source (Bluesound Vault or Bluesound Node) via the BluOS sofrtware.
This tells me the issue is not related to DNS, ISP or any radio URL.

Any help?

Have you installed the codec? Some Live Radio stations require it to be installed.

Yes, the codec is installed and I’m not getting a “missing Codec” error.

But now I have to ask… Which file formats would Roon be able to play if the Codec was not installed?

Formats other than MP3 and AAC…

I see. So that is possibly the issue.

Is there any utility I can toi check if it has been properly installed?

Have you got any MP3 files in your Library? Do they play?

I do. And they do not play.

Hmm. Could you try rebooting your NUC and try again?

I rebooted many times. But as I said, MP3s do NOT play. So I believe I do have a codec issue.

I would start by deleting the existing ffmpeg codec file off the NUC and starting over. Copied instructions from the linked FAQ above for reference:

How To Add Codecs: Step By Step

1. Download ffmpeg - Roon will need access to the required codecs via the /Data/Codecs/ directory. You will need to download these codecs on another computer before placing them on ROCK.

2. For example, grab https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/builds/ffmpeg-git-amd64-static.tar.xz and uncompress it. Remember, no additional files from that package are required, only ffmpeg. You will need to uncompress the file twice.

3. If you are using Windows and do not have the ability to uncompress .tar files, we recommend downloading the open-source program 7-Zip

4. Connect To Roon OS - Roon OS exposes a shared network folder called Data. You can access this SMB share by following the instructions here here

5. Copy Codecs to Roon OS - Place the ffmpeg file in the Codecs folder, which you can find in Roon OS’s Data directory

6. Restart Your Server - Restart Roon Server using the Roon OS web interface

Solved!
Re-installed the Codec and rebooted.
AAC Radio stream now works. So do MP3s in my library.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.