Live Radio : sorting radios by stream quality

Congratulations to Roon team for the live radio, really a strong feature. In the next version, perhaps sorting/selecting stream by stream quality (lossless/lossy, MP3 etc…) could be great.

:v:

13 Likes

I would also find this feature great !!

4 Likes

Yes agree!

1 Like

Thank you Roon team for adding this feature!

It would also be great to be able to filter by stream quality!

4 Likes

I can’t ever find a reason to play tinny and lifeless sub cd quality radio streams. Bizarre state of affairs it’s still the dominant approach out there.

Filtering by bit rate would be good

1 Like

I appreciate the new feature and would love this functionality too. :slight_smile:

They are nearly all sub CD quality I’m afraid. The BBC AAC stations sound pretty good though.

I can see this as a good option for people who do though. I wonder how many that is?

I have so much music in my library and Tidal that I don’t go looking for internet stations and I know what I want anyway. It’s mostly BBC Talk/Music Radio and I may dive about a bit if I know an artist is being interviewed on air somewhere.

Roon automatically selects the highest quality per station which is nice.

1 Like

I may be the only one, but a factor in my buying a Roon lifetime subscription earlier this year (saying goodbye to Audirvana and JRiver) was Roon’s reliability in streaming internet radio (flac or lossy).

3 Likes

I agree that sorting on bitrate would be great. I find the streaming stations a great way to find new music.

Having the streaming stations in Roon, with bitrate getting attention, might prompt some stations to further improve stream quality.

3 Likes

Also would love this feature.

All stations that have a flac quality stream have the keyword FLAC.
Searching for flac via the magnifying glass will bring these up. There are 35 such stations in Roon and as far as I know we are not missing any that are freely available (i.e. no subscription).

If anyone knows of more, let me know!

1 Like

Yes – ability to sort live radio stations by stream quality would be extremely useful. Even the dreaded Apple Music allows for that.

1 Like