Live radio stops

I think so. I remember that streams with meta-data can be wonky. @BrianW might be able to say more.

I donā€™t think thatā€™s the same issue. That was when a FLAC stream incorporated metadata in a substream by substream format. The BBC high bit rate stream is different.

Here we are using @alec_eiffel 's metadata service which pulls metadata from an associated server and adds it to Roon. As far as I can see this should not have any effect on the audio streaming, but @alec_eiffel will know for sure.

For what itā€™s worth, I have just played the high quality BBC R4 stream ovsr a program change and had no problems.

1 Like

@BrianW: youā€™re perfectly right. The original audio stream is kept untouched, the Roon Core is retrieving metadata separetely from another dedicated server, and the Roon Client is displaying it. I canā€™t imagine that the extra load on the network of periodically retrieving metadata can ā€œbreakā€ the audio stream. I am a daily Live Radio listener and in the last months I have not experienced any dropouts on the ā€œmetadata enhancedā€ audio streams, including BBC 3 and 6 (I donā€™t listen to BBC Radio 4).
More details on the Live RAdio metadata service here : Roon Exclusive: Live Radio metadata for 80+ stations incl. BBC, Radio France, FLAC radios and more

1 Like

10 months and they still havenā€™t replied to him.

Yep, but they donā€™t forget to invoice for your subscription.

1 Like

The BBC streams are a nightmare in the UK.
Iā€™ve just replaced all my network including router and they still cut off while no other content does.

You only have to read the post below.

I raised an issue for 6Music and after 4 days have had no response.

With all the the threads and posts about this issue I get the feeling roon support are deliberately ignoring it.

Similar in Belgium for radio Klara.

This topic was automatically closed after 20 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.