Locked down tablet so you can ONLY use is as a remote

Hi! I love Roon, but many times when I want to relax and just listen to music, find it very tempting when using roon on my phone to check emails, news, etc.

Is there any way to lock down completly an android tablet and only be able to use it as a remote “similar” to installing ROCK on a NUC (please understand the example)

Am I the only one who loses track of my music?

Not aware of any lockdown for remote use. Think its a mind set. I have a IPAD PRO 12.9 tablet that is mentally dedicated as a Roon remote. Its never been used for anything else, that is until I added the Audyssey app for setting up room correction. It is still dedicated to the entertainment system. Have it mounted on a small weighted stand and I have to walk over to it or carry the stand to whatever room I happen to need it in, kitchen, living room, etc. Not really comfortable with the stand for any other use even if I wanted to.

https://www.howtogeek.com/782433/how-to-use-focus-mode-on-android/

iOS has similar

It does

Guided access is one thing and may help when one has more trouble to control oneself but maybe exactly the thing the OP was looking for. Focus exists as well, which is less draconic :slight_smile:

Another option on Android is

or

1 Like