Suddenly, I am again at the login screen to my Roon account for some reason. I log in, but it just hangs. Roon guys! What is going on here? A near perfect problem except for logging in.

OK, this is the weird thing. I have to deauthorise my core and it seems to work.

Why?

I also have another question. What happened if my Internet was down. Could I log on again??

I hope so

See here:

Roon phones home about once a month to check your license validity.

Thanks but I am concerned about this checking the licence business. I purchased a lifetime licence and I don’t want to be periodically knocked off to log in from time to time. What happens if I get knocked off and I have Internet problems for some time. I do live in Australia and in my area Internet, it is not very reliable

Maybe an idea for Roon development.
@brian
Why don’t you check License at the end (or beginning) of the backup execution process. All key elements need to be present to be able to take a backup - Roon Core Server, internet, Roon (Remote) control.
Can also help to kindly remember users to perform timely backups. I.e. no License check in e.g. 1 month, warning ‘backup’ message to user.

Dirk

Yes, I’ve had this issue with each of the recent updates. It seems to happen after I install the updated Android APK on my Fire HD tablet. I haven’t bothered fussing about it after I figured out the trick, because it only seems to happen immediately after the upgrade. I figured Roon has changed the way they authorize the remote unit or something like that.

I had the same after an update on my NAS. Just a lucky click on de-autorize solved it.

Maybe this is common enough that “the trick” should be posted somewhere prominently.

Later I found this solution while using the search function