Login Qobuz fails

Trying to log in with my old Q-account after I had canceled it 6 months ago failed. So I deleted that account and opened a new one with different credentials. Instead of a paid subscription I get only a 30-days free trial version. Here too, I cannot log in with the error message “upgrade your Q-account”. How so?

Does your new subscription work with the Qobuz client?

It doesn’t work on iPhone either.

Are your payment settings correct?

If you only have a trial account Roon will not let you log in, you need a full account.
You need to contact Qobuz and ask them what’s happening.

1 Like

Payment settings are correct, Qobuz has opened an account but apparently to pay for downloads. Have subcribed already twice for a subscription but get only a trial which doesn’t work.
Contact to Qobuz is possible only over twitter , facetime, instagram or youtube, which requires a subscription for those services. Since I don’t want my personal information spread through the web I have not, and will not, register with any of these. (Yes, I am paranoid).
The crucial question at this moment remains: what is meant with Roon’s error message “upgrade your Qobuz account”.?

It means you need a full streaming account to work with Roon. Which you haven’t got.
You used to be able to use any type of account with Roon to search the catalogue etc but that changed a few releases ago.

Roon only works with a streaming Qobuz account, not with a download-only account.

There seems to be a contact page usually from qobuz.com from inside the customer account area. I.e., go to the account and in the sidebar at the bottom. This is the German page, “Kontaktieren Sie uns” = “Contact us”

The link is country specific, e.g. for the US: https://www.qobuz.com/us-en/help/contact/
(and you must be logged in I suppose)

Or possibly their new forum?

1 Like

Doesn’t work-no direct contact to Qobuz, but only to their Twitter & Co presentation. Enough hassle, I will subscribe to Tidal.

P.S.
Subscribed to Tidal, reactivating old account. Smooth and hassle - free, what a difference!
Shame on Qobuz- I used to like their collection more than Tidals’s, but now they lost a customer (I assume they don’t care)

The proposed link has worked on my side: You can fill a contact form, chat or search in the help. I guess, Qobuz is not to blame. Nice help, Suedkiez.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.