Logitech MX Keys Media Keys

@daedalusman @ascl

Not sure how to get this out there… but this forum had the top result for people trying to figure out how to get the Logitech MX Keys Media Keys to function in Windows 10. I figured out the workaround and wanted to document it here.

Edit this file: C:\ProgramData\Logishrd\LogiOptions\Devices\6b35b\6b35b.xml

There’s a section like the following:

<controlid id="0xe4" reprogrammable="1" taskidlist="previousTrackTaskIdlist" type="fkey" fpos="8" rawxy="0">
    <task class="media" id="0x06">
        <params command="previous" />
    </task>
</controlid>
<controlid id="0xe5" reprogrammable="1" taskidlist="playpauseTrackTaskIdlist" type="fkey" fpos="9" rawxy="0">
    <task class="media" id="0x04">
        <params command="play_pause" />
    </task>
</controlid>
<controlid id="0xe6" reprogrammable="1" taskidlist="nextTrackTaskIdlist" type="fkey" fpos="10" rawxy="0">
    <task class="media" id="0x05">
        <params command="next" />
    </task>
</controlid>

This needs to be modified as follows:

<controlid id="0xe4" generic="1" reprogrammable="0" type="hotkey" rawxy="0">
    <task class="donothing" id="0xFFFF">
        <params />
    </task>
</controlid>
<controlid id="0xe5" generic="1" reprogrammable="0" type="hotkey" rawxy="0">
        <params />
    </task>
</controlid>
<controlid id="0xe6" generic="1" reprogrammable="0" type="hotkey" rawxy="0">
        <params />
    </task>
</controlid>

Then kill any processes related to Logitech Options and re-launch the application. Problem solved!

1 Like

Thank you so much for this! I will have to try this later, I tried raising a support ticket with logitech, but they just kept telling me to re-install…

EDIT: Okay I had a chance to play with this, and the first thing is the above path is specific to a keyboard model. If you go to C:\ProgramData\Logishrd\LogiOptions\Devices in Finder and search for *.xml and look for the .xml files that match the parent directory name (so foo\foo.xml) you will see the xmls for your devices. In my case I had two, one for the mouse, one for the keyboard. My Craft keyboard is 6b350/6b350.xml.

Unfortunately, that doesn’t solve my problem. I will try rebooting just to be sure.
EDIT 2: Yep, rebooted, still the same issue, ie hitting play doesn’t do anything in Roon unless I uninstall Logitech Options. I copy/pasted the above file contents, so pretty sure I didn’t fat finger it.

EDIT 3:
Woot, finally got it working, thanks to procmon64, I found that it was also writing a profile specific config file, so for me was:
C:\Users\Ascl\AppData\Roaming\Logishrd\LogiOptions\devices\6b350\6b350.xml
This will change depending on your username and device.

1 Like

You have no idea how happy it makes me that I was able to share this with AND you got it working.

1 Like

Haha, about as happy as I am to finally have this (expensive!) keyboard work as it is supposed to! Thank you again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.