Long shot: WiiM and Synology router

My WiiM Pro works flawlessly using both WiFi and Ethernet with my Synology RT6600ax router; Roon 2, 1357 on macOS 13.6.1 using a CAT 6e cable to connect them.

Connects immediately. No errors.

Except… the LED for the port in question (have tried two) on the router stays flashing orange.

Yes, I’ve looked at the various docs and tables suggesting interpretations of the various LED colour states: inconsistent.

If any kind soul happens to have that combination of gear - and/or understands why either seems to be giving me this apparent anomaly, please - I’d be grateful.

TIA!

Does orange indicate 100BASE-T handshake? There is no good reason for WiiM to include a 1000BASE-T transceiver in an audio component.

AJ

1 Like

Thanks, Andrew. Not sure. But the orange stays - at least for the five years since I connected it.

I have moved this to the Roon Networking category.

1 Like

Your WiiM Pro supports 10/100 Mbit connections (per specs). Often an orange light indicates a 100 Mbit connection while a green light indicates a 1000 Mbit (gigabit) connection. Usually, flashing is just an indication of activity.

I believe this is all working as intended. The connection is at the maximum supported by your WiiM Pro, the color of the light indicates this, and the flashing indicates activity.

In other words, nothing at all to worry about and nothing to do.

Thank you so much, @gTunes!

Much appreciated; I couldn’t see how things could be wrong but the Synology site has several pages with ways to understand the status of the router’s LEDs and none of them is as reassuring as your reply! :blush::blush:

1 Like

the router documentation describes clearly the colours of the status leds. i’m using the same device. orange means 10/100 mbit/s.

1 Like

Thanks Günter!

Kind of you to confirm @gTunes’s post.

I guess I’m so used to nice bright green ones. At least the orange KED is flashing :slight_smile:

Happy New Year!

1 Like