Looking for New Music

I mostly listen to classic rock (Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, AC/DC, etc…) and 90’s rock (Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, Nirvana). While they are great artists, the problem is that they are no longer releasing albums for various reasons. I’ve been searching for new music to listen to and I’ve found songs that I like that sound great in my car but sound like garbage on my system at home. Either that or only the song I heard is good and the rest of the album not so much. It seems like music today is made mainly for car audio. The last recent album I listened to in it’s entirety is But Here We Are by the Foo Fighters.
I’d like some recommendations for newer bands to check out. Classic rock recommendations are welcome as well but I’ve listened to pretty much all the major ones. Thanks in advance for your replies.

1 Like

You may like to drop in and introduce yourself on this thread. It’s a busy part of community with eclectic tastes, but you’ll get a lot of good recommendations.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/let-s-talk-about-what-s-moving-and-grooving-you-today-2024-02/

7 Likes

@Martin_Webster is correct in pointing you to that other topic. Lot’s of musical genres to choose from. Don’t know if you know this album? If not, it may be worth a listen.:+1:
IMG_0312

8 Likes

As brother Martin says…
Come to the Dark Side…we have cookies!

And more musical suggestions than you can get through in a long lifetime.
Oh and we know how to have a laugh to boot.
See you there!

4 Likes

@Anthony_Maisano, is your Roon music library downloads and CDs or do you have a music subscription Along with the suggestions above, you may want to try Qobuz or Tidal and use their recommendation engine to find new music for you (or Apple Music’s similar feature, but can’t easily transfer that music directly to Roon).

1 Like

@Enough I know Tool, but not that album, I’ll check it out.

@Robert_F I have both Tidal and Qobuz, I’ll see what they recommend. I’ll check out roon’s recommendations as well.

@Martin_Webster @AceRimmer I’ll look through that thread but I wish you could search by genre and I don’t want to cross post.

1 Like

My musical tastes might be a bit wider than yours, but the core of my music is very close to yours. After having somewhat neglected my music library for the last decade, I got Roon and Qobuz in May 2023.

Since then, I’ve added multiple artists to my library that were previously unknown to me. Some that come to mind are:

• Greta Van Fleet
  • The Kills
  • The Struts
  • The Clockworks
  • Koyö
  • Mamoth WVH
  • The Mysterines
  • Temples

I like some more than others, but overall I don’t mind listening to any of them. YMMV.

Edit: oh, and yes, although I might not be a frequent poster in it, I can also recommend the threads that has been mentioned a few times. Both for musical inspiration as well as for the entertainment value.

4 Likes

@Anthony_Maisano
Porcupine tree, pineapple thief are both excellent imo.

Steven Wilson being involved ^ means the recording quality is great. He has done plenty of stuff solo as well.

Check out the link Martin posted above, You’ll be spoilt for choice on new music :+1:

3 Likes

when you have time, get a set of “starter tracks” of the stuff you like and play ONE track then let Roon Radio make suggestions. You don’t have to listen just let it run then look in your history to see what Valence suggests is a follow on for your chosen track.

You may get a surprise !!

1 Like