Losing connection to Roon Core

Hi @XGTG-yokelet ----- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions.

I dropped a line to one my developers today to get some feedback on this issue you are experiencing and he has asked for a bit more information to try and pinpoint if the core is crashing or if this is isolated to just your remote(s).

With this in mind, may I ask you to please reproduce this behavior you are noticing with the phone and while monitoring the phones behavior I would like you to please leave another remote active and see if it goes down as well.

-Eric

Way ahead of you, Eric. Iā€™ve got a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 that I refuse to give back to Samsung that I loaded Roon Remote on. So with both Android phones running Roon Remote and strangely enough when the problem occurs on my LG V20 running the latest Android OS (Nougat) my Samsung Note 7 (running lollipop) is unphased and unaffected.

As an aside, I also notice a visually noticeable graphical corruption line horizontally along the top edge of the app, it looks like a line of TV static. Just mentioning it because Iā€™ve noticed it a lot, Iā€™m not saying itā€™s related, just passing on the info.

1 Like

1 Like

Hello Eric

I am having the exact same issue of my iPad air last generation loosing connection to Core.

My setup:

iMac running latest OS Sierra houses Roon Core
Music housed on Bluesound Vault
Tidal Subscription Added
IPAD running Remote
Router Netgear N600 Wireless Router - Dual Band Gigabit (WNDR3700)
Service Provider Comcast

Can you please help?

Every time I try to use remote on the iPad, it says waiting for Remote Core. If I restart the machine it works. It then looses again after a little time.

Cheers

Raj

Kudos Jon (@XGTG-yokelet) :muscle: Thanks for sharing this observations with me!

Let me ask you, since you have noticed this issue, have you tried reinstalling the application on any of your remote devices?

-Eric

Hi @Rajesh_Ramachandran ----- Thank you for chiming in and sharing your feedback with us. My apologies for the troubles here. As I have asked Jon, could you please provide the following information:

1. Can you please provide a description of your network configuration/topology, as well as providing insight into any networking hardware you may be implementing. I would like to get a sense of how your devices are communicating and what tools are being used to make those connections.

2. Can you confirm if there are any active firewalls or anti-virus applications currently in your setup?

3. Can you verify that your core machine is not going into a sleep state at any point and also that no one else is logging into their user account on your core machine?

4. Have you always encountered this issue with your Roon remote or is this a recent observation that has been made? If this is indeed a recent occurrence, can you think of any changes that may have been made to your setup recently that would have impact on this behavior being noticed?

5. The behavior you have noticed with your phone acting as a Roon remote, is this being displayed on any other devices acting as remotes?

6. Have you tried to reinstall the application on your iPad?

-Eric

Hello Eric

@support 1. Network set up. My Bluesound vault that has all music files is hard wired to my router. My router is mentioned in my previous post. My iMAC and iPad are connecting to same wireless network.
2. I donā€™t have anti virus or firewall on this Mac.
3. My wife has a log in but she has not logged in for now.
4. I only added this from Monday evening. So i have not used it longer. This problem started right away. I can now access the remote with out any issue on iPad and not working with my iPhone 7S.
5. I have not done that.

I will uninstall and reinstall the app and report back. My guts telling me that thereā€™s something in the newest Android nougat OS that is causing this. Maybe itā€™s an under reported issue because very few Android phones support the Nougat version OS? The LG V20 was the first smartphone aside from the new Google Pixel phone to come with Nougat installed.

1 Like

@support

I tried delete and add App in iPhone. I still have same issue. Its not connecting to Core.

1 Like

Hi @Rajesh_Ramachandran and @XGTG-yokelet seems we have not exact the same but a very similar problem. The remote interrupts the connection from the core to the audio zones in some way. I reported it here a month ago and Iā€™m also in contact with @Eric.
Sebastian

@sebi

I did dump my phone logs to Roon. I will wait and watch what happens now.

Reinstalling didnā€™t correct the issue for me.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Losing Connection to Core with Nexus 6P

A post was split to a new topic: Roon 1.3 - Connectivity issues with Samsung Galaxy Tablet