Lost Network Connection to ROCK

I had to relocate my network switch for better access. Once I powered the switch back up, my computer is showing that the mapped drive is disconnected. This is the error message I am getting now.
Capture
I tried to ping the IP address and it is now unreachable. I have rebooted both the main computer and the NUC/ROCK multiple times with no success. I have changed the ethernet cable as well. My system has been running trouble free for several years until now. I’m not sure what to do next.

Forgot to mention that there are no duplicate drive letters in use.

Have you tried power cycling your router?

In addition to @Mike_LC’s suggestion, if that doesn’t work, can you describe (with a diagram, preferably) your network topology showing the devices connected to your router and network switch(es)?

What does your router say the IP address of the NUC/ROCK system is?

Is power cycling different from restarting? If so, I have not done that.

Pretty simple, Gateway/Router is connected to a Netgear GS105 unmanaged switch. Everything else is connected to it. This includes the NUC, NAS, desktop computer and my Hegel H390. I use a 2TB internal drive in the NUC for my primary music files.The NAS is used for backup only.
The router no longer shows the NUC connected to my network, but I have had it on a fixed IP address the entire time. I do this with all my Ethernet connections. This resolved all connection instabilities in the early days of streaming.

Fixed in the NUC, or a DHCP reservation?

I don’t remember doing anything specific in the NUC but I could be wrong, so I’m going to say DCHP fixed allocation.

Next step - can you connect a monitor or TV via HDMI to the NUC and post a photo of any messages on the screen?

I will do that and report back.

1 Like

I connected to the NUC via HDMI and it was setting there waiting to be restarted. I had done this multiple times before so I thought it might have something to do with a connected USB Drive for backup. I disconnected that and restarted. Everything seems to be back to normal right now. I have no idea if the backup drive was the problem or not? It has never been an issue before, and I only added it several months ago when my backups to the NAS began to fail. I corrected that by creating a new backup and deleting the offending one. I kept the connected drive as a secondary backup out of caution.

Hopefully, I’m back! Thanks for everyone’s help. I remain perplexed as to why this happened.

Gary