Lost tracks in Roon

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Qobuz is my service of choice, and I often find that new tracks/albums available in the Qobus app is nowhere to be found in Roon. The new Metallice album appeared in Roon the next day, and now I can’t find the Foo Figthers song released yesterday. Whats the issue?

Hi @Asmund_Devold ,

Roon does not sync with Qobuz or Tidal in real time but is periodically updated with data provided by the streaming services. There will always be a short period in which new albums or tracks are available in Qobuz before they become available in Roon.

I got the same kind of issue. Some Peter Gabriel single for his new albums are not in Roon but are in Qobuz app or my Linn app.

In Roon:

In Qobuz:

In my Linn app:

The first release were out several months ago, so they should obviously be in Roon, but aren’t.

Good point. I’ll make enquiries.

Let me say: I do not think this solution is okay. I would expect the “real time” approach.
Why it is not possible to sync in real time?

Because Qobuz and Tidal batch up the data and the extra metadata roon requires and send it on their schedule. It’s outside of Roon’s control.

1 Like

Thanks you. I keep seeing discrepancies between Roon and Qobuz app / Linn app. Latest I’ve seen is: John Williams - Violin Concerto #2 & selected film themes. Available in 24-96 in other apps but not in Roon. That’s one of many. Do you want me to put them here as I found some or is it not useful for you?

If you select one on the releases in Roon (as shown in your first pic), then select the Versions tab in the album view, you will see the other version.

For example;

Unlike the other programs you mentioned, Roon doesn’t display all versions on the Discography page.

1 Like

On the Album display page for that title, I can see both versions by clicking on the Versions tab.

Not here.

Both are playing in 16-44, it’s not just a display issue.

That is odd. I wonder if it’s a regional issue? I’m in the US.

I know there is an issue in Canada, but I think that is a display issue that’s being worked on (but you mentioned both play in 16/44, so maybe a different issue?).

What are your Qobuz settings in roon, services?

Hi-Res 24-bit / up to 192 kHz.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.