LPS for Nuc+ rev. B

I’m considering an LPS for my Nuc+ rev. B. Interested to hear what others are using? I’ve read about Teddy Pardo and that seems like a good bet. Or HD Plex but I think what they now offer may be overkill. And Small Green Computer seems underrated for the 8th gen i7. Thoughts?

My setup (in brief):
Router --> Netgear GS105 Switch --> Nuc+ --> Auralic Vega DAC via USB

There is a proposed product called the Farad Super19. You can’t buy it yet but it is being built pretty much for the Nucleus+ and other high spec NUCs.

1 Like

Uptone JS-2?
I use a ZeroZero 100w PSU with 19v output for my NUC running ROCK

Whatever you choose, make sure it’s 19V not 12V, rated for no less than 3.5A.

1 Like

4A if you intend to use with additional ssd/hdd inside or external usb powered too.

1 Like

Henry, fyi I checked on this. Intriguing design. But it will be rated at 9A and cost almost as much as a Nucleus. And their 3A version isn’t robust enough for the Nuc+.

Well I looked over several products and what I have so far are listed below. Cost is USD. Would welcome any comments or experiences with any of the, or other suggestions:

Manufacturer Model Amps @ 19V Cost
Teddy Pardo TeddyNUC 3.5 $399.00
PLiXiR Elementa DC 6 $456.95
MCRU LPS for Nuc+ 3.5 $654.54
Fidelizer NikolaS 3.65 $695.00
Keces P8 8.2 $699.95
PLiXiR Elite BDC 6 $632.70
1 Like

Some of these models appeared in discussions here several times. I’d recommend you read the several LPS threads here. Note that one (or more) of them offers a secondary output option (that needs to be specified when you order it) that could be used for a switch or FMC or something else.

You could also add the HDPlex 200W but there might be a 300W now too and these have 4 outputs (isolated) but are often out of stock - I use one of these on my MOCK 19V + Lumin D1 12V and 9V for EtheREGEN with a spare variable output for FMC or MicroRendu/SOtM etc

It is a shame the Super19 will be so expensive. But I presume it will essentially be a Super3 times three internally. I have a HDPlex 200 watt, I have a second hand Super3 on its way. I also have a superior 10 amp 12v SMPS brick. Right now the brick is in place because despite its potential, the HDPlex is just too big and needs lots of ventilation space to be reliable.

That model comes up a lot on this forum but is no longer available. And only looking to power the Nuc+, but thanks.

Check out Sean Jacobs at Custom HiFi Cables

He offers 3 basic models DC2. DC3 and his latest reference DC4.
I own a DC3 and it has had a very significant positive impact on the sound of my Nucleus+. I formerly had a HDPLEX 200W which the DC3 surpassed by an instantly recognizeable, wide margin.

@DavidYNY, thanks for the tip. As the base DC3 is rated 1.0A continuous, 1.5A peak, do you have the “boost” option to bring it up to 5.0A? Either I’m not looking in the right place but I find their lack of specs off putting.

You are correct. I believe the base module delivers 2amps, the boost module can deliver 5amps. At 19V, the nucleus might use up to 3.5amps. if you have any questions contact Sean Jacods. He is very responsive to email inquiries and is able to modify his basic designs to accommodate a broad range of applications.