LSX II and LS60 Now Roon Ready

Roon Ready is working now for my LSX II :tada::partying_face:

1 Like

Hi @Julian. @Adrian_Folland. Others,

First off, let me say that will all certainty the KEF LS60 is certified Roon Ready. I participated in the testing and used these speakers in my home. I can assure you that both Roon and KEF tested these extensively against the Roon Ready standards and all features of RAAT were tested during the process. I hope this clears up any and all of the supposition in this thread.

@Julian I enabled diagnostics for your account to see what was going on and don’t even see the LS60’s in the logging. I think your screenshot is a good hint at the problem though. Your LS60s show that they’re on a 10.1.1.163 IP address and this appears to be a different network than your core, iPad, and Windows remotes. Are you by chance plugging your LS60’s ethernet directly into an ISP-provided modem/router combo instead of your own router? That would explain the LS60’s inability to authenticate with our device database. It’s also possible that if you’re not using ethernet, the SSID the speakers are grabbing is the modem/router combo.

Oh, and what a great sound those speakers put out, huh? I had the neighbors turning heads with the LS50, LS60, and LSXII grouped into a zone and playing some good jams!

Wes

Sorry but these speakers are not showing as Roon certified even if they actually have been. I don’t dispute they have met all tests,but that’s of no help when you get stuck on an inability to enable them. I have just received an email from Kef saying they are aware of an issue with Roon and are working hard to sort…so,they are not in practical terms,enabled.

@Adrian_Folland,

The speakers are not on the same network as your core. That is likely the reason they are showing uncertified. I believe I have provided you with the information you need to remedy your situation. If you are unwilling to pursue this avenue, there’s not much I can do for you.

If you need to see things with your own eyes, compare the IP address of your core, iPad, and Windows remote instances to the IP address in the screenshot you’ve provided.

The contrast between the two is relevant. The situation you’re in is called double natting and causes network issues when the two parties try to communicate.

Double NAT

What is Double NAT? You can connect 2 routers to extend the Wi-Fi coverage in your home. But when you have 2 routers, each with their own private Wi-Fi network, your personal devices can have a hard time communicating with each other. This scenario is called Double NAT.

Wes

1 Like

Roon Ready is OK for KEF LS60 now. Please reboot roon core, and then you will find LS60 is certified.

1 Like

And to add to the choir, I have 2 pairs of LSXIIs, an LS60 and an LS50WII all in the room I’m in - all good here now.

1 Like

Apologies, I see that the screen shot was not yours now.

Can you give me a screen shot of what you see in Settings>audio?

Wes

Wes,literally two minutes ago they are now enabled. And your comment re sound quality…the LS 60 is phenomenal and it’s via Roon that they should be played. I have added the Kef 62 sub,about to add a second one,and it’s truly exceptional.

1 Like

When you get a second, make sure you experiment between mono and stereo subs - you can switch this whilst music is playing. Personally I find stereo subs better, but that’s the joy of the app - there’s a good amount of control, so you aren’t ‘locked in’ as it were.

1 Like

Yes. I will do that. Second sub should come Thursday. And my intention is to set up as stereo but will experiment. The speakers don’t need a sub but they do benefit from one,hopefully even more by two.

Well I will tell you that despite having a pretty good understanding of the certification process, the KEF LS60’s themselves, and Roon in general; I have no explanation for the sudden success LOL.

Enjoy the music!

Wes

No explanation either,but it effected many and Kef acknowledged that. I have three systems,LS60,Elac Navis running via Node and Chord. Quotest,Bowers Formation Duos. All lovely,all recommended,but it’s the Kefs that steal the show.

1 Like

When I grouped mine, the first thing I did was play Money For Nothing by Dire Straights. I wanted to scream YES!!!

Quick story…

I was sent the LS60’s to test against Roon Ready and one of them arrived with the subs not functioning. KEF sent me a PDF with instructions to disassemble and check connections but there was no change in the situation so they sent me a brand new one!

Enjoy. KEF makes great products and having worked with their products, and certification teams I became a fan.

Enjoy the music!

Still no success here.

Try rebooting the machine your Core is on, if you have not.

The benefit for adding the sub is by our use of a high pass filter to the speaker, so you limit the low low bass going to the amp for the Unicorn drivers - just like me, the less work I have to do, the better I’ll do what I am doing!

Can you confirm your KEF LSX II firmware version? It should be 1.3 if I’m not mistaken.

Also, it appears the LSX II was launched today. The switch is flipped on our side. Please restart your core to re-establish the connection with the LSXII and let me know!

Wes

1 Like

Just renewed my Roon subscription now after reading the recent post about the LS60’s. I am up and running, now with no issues. Software and database updates happening now…all is good…sounding great! Love these LS60’s (along with Roon)!

1 Like

Success! One of the reasons I became enthused about Roon and purchased the SLX’s was being able to sync speakers in our living/library room and sunroom as they are adjacent rooms.

1 Like

My Roon software on my PC wasn’t updating to the newest version and the mobile phone app would not work due to this as well. Had to uninstall and reinstall Roon on my pc this morning and now it is all good.

1 Like