LSX II's to KC62 sub in LFE Mode, do I use a sub cable with L+R ends or a mono cable?

So I’m trying out a KC62, I’ve only got single end to double end subwoofer cables lying around.
Should I use single end to single end if LFE Mode? And is there any harm in running with the double ended cable until I can get a single end to single end cable in?

Thanks

I you are using your system for home theater (even downsampled to 2.1), then it seems you should connect only to the KC62 LFE input with a single connector. However, if you are using this only for stereo music tracks, then connecting to both KC62 inputs should not matter, there won’t be an LFE signal sent to them (LFE is a specific channel for home theater files).

I have the older LSX and connect its subwoofer output to my sub’s RCA L/R inputs jointly.

1 Like

Thanks so much!

Another question then, if I use L+R input into the KC62, should I just go into manual mode on the KC62 then? or should I keep it toggled to LFE? I ask because the KEF Connect app doesn’t know what cable I’m using and it recommends that I set the subwoofer to LFE mode. So I’m worried that the KEF connect app settings (thinks LFE is on) ends up with a mono signal being sent to the KC62 being pumped into a stereo input on the other end? Does that even matter?

I don’t have a KC62 so don’t know what options are available under its setup options. I used the (older) KEF Control app for my LSX and set my low pass and high pass filters in that app. The LSX controls in effect controls everything to my sub, and I play only music through it.

Not sure it really matters, you can try it either way and see what sounds best to you.

This was clarifying

So it doesn’t matter but I need to connect both ends of the double ended side of the cable into the sub, can’t leave one hanging

You could use a single RCA to single RCA cable if you want to connect the LSX II sub output to the KC62 LFE input, or a RCA Y-cable cable with the single end connected to the LSX II sub out and the dual RCA connectors attached to both KC62 sub inputs (the LFE and the other channel). Agree that you should not use an RCA Y-cable and not connect both ends to the KC62.