Lumin 15.4 firmware

Hello,

Is the latest firmware from Lumin only for the U1/U2 series or does the D2 also get it?

1 Like

Not for my D2 nor my D1’s…both 15.3a still

1 Like

Hello, I am not able to get 15.4 firmware upgrade prompt in iOS app for my U1. I tried booting up U1 with no devices attached to, restarted switch while U1 was down, restarted iPad, powered swtich, powered U1. No success (note: I tried started Lumin app only today, thanks to this thread I noticed there is new firmware). I recall similar issue many many moons back, but it was rather more general Lumin publication of the firmware on some apps ignored new upgrade, so I did not need to go via manual firmware upgrade.

Support from @wklie would be nice.

Regards,

P

1 Like

Forgot to add U1 current firmware 15.3 (released 2023-1-11), iOS iPad app 8.6.1.
Apreciate the help

1 Like

@wklie might have more ideas, but often simply turning “Check for Firmware Updates” off and then back on again will trigger it.

1 Like

I tried it, still no 15.4 prompt.

1 Like

Same result for my A1. Still at 15.3a.

Firmware 15.4 is temporarily on hold.

1 Like

Understood, Peter. Noted.
Thank you for your reply

1 Like

Firmware 15.4a just showed up for me and updated on my U2 Mini. Everything seems to be working.

1 Like

Great :+1:. Lumin U1 no change

This update will show up in the coming days dont worry.

1 Like

For U1, please kill and relaunch Lumin app. If it does not prompt you for firmware upgrade, please set Firmware Upgrade setting to Off, then On.

2 Likes

Thank you Peter. It is downloading and upgrading this time.

My first observations. I switched to USB only. Sound is softer, there is very suttle change in high tones. If Lumin was Analogue like, it is even more like analogue. I am listening to the album I listened on LP yesterday evening, and well, it is getting closer. I do not know if it is placebo, I will play with switch on and off of the new feature. It should have even before that only one digital ouput is active, is new featurein the app “deeper” switch off of nonused connectors and related eletronics?

1 Like

Not exactly. To switch them off, please set to SPDIF mode, switch them off. Then back to USB mode (if necessary).

Will updates show up in roon only mode?

Nope you need to reset the device in order to have the update

1 Like

How to turn on Roon Only mode (for Lumin brand hardware only):

• Make sure you already have a complete and working Roon setup.
  • Make sure you have a valid Roon license that is not expiring soon.
  • Make sure your Lumin is running Firmware 15 or later
  • In Lumin app, log out from any services such as Tidal and Qobuz.
  • In Lumin app, make sure all settings are correct, as you will no longer be able to change any setting in Lumin app after enter the Roon Only mode.
  • In Lumin app, rename the Lumin unit to #ROONONLY in uppercase. Note that the rename is not actually applied. This special code turns the Lumin unit into Roon Only mode.
  • You will then see “Roon Ready” on the front panel, if the front panel is not disabled.

How to leave Roon Only mode (for Lumin brand hardware only):
The only way to turn off Roon Only mode is to do a hardware reset:

• Power down the Lumin unit.
  • Insert a pin into the reset hole at the back.
  • While holding the pin, power on the unit.
  • Keep holding the pin for no less than 20 seconds, until some small text is shown on the front panel.
  • Then release the pin.
  • After factory reset, volume is reset to 100 for most models. Adjust it as necessary.

You will no longer be able to internet upgrade the Lumin firmware until you factory reset the Lumin unit

The update for D2 ore D1 wil arrive one of these days btw.

2 Likes

Hello Peter,

Is the latest firmware from Lumin only for the U1/U2 series or does the D2 also get it?

1 Like