Lumin and Chromecast?

Hi Peter (@wklie) - are there any plans to implement support for Chromecast in the Lumin firmware? Would be very handy for casting from apps like Bandcamp on Android devices - at the moment I use a Bluetooth receiver with my amp for this use case.

Please use AirPlay from an iPad, or try an AirPlay sender app for Android.

Thanks @wklie - I’ve yet to find an Airplay app that casts properly from Android at a system level (and therefore works with Bandcamp) - they only ever seen to allow casting of locally held music. If anyone knows one, I’d love to hear of it! I’m not an iPad person.

Hi,

I have the same question. Are there any plans for chromecast support? Planning to use it with Roon but I also need chromecast support.

I’m afraid no.

Thank you for the quick response. Can you help me understand why? The more inferior Airplay is widely supported but chromecast, which already has 24/192 implementations, seems to be completely ignored.

1 Like

Got to love it when a manufacturer ignores a reasonable request for more information. :roll_eyes:

Hi,
I just got a Lumin U2, and also I’m wondering if there are any plans for chromecast support? Thanks