Lumin beta firmware with RAAT 1.1.41

If anyone likes to test new Lumin beta firmware with RAAT 1.1.41, please let me know all the Lumin models you have.

(For U2 / U2 Mini / T3 (only), there is an additional feature added: AirPlay2 metadata display and playback control.)

3 Likes

Peter,

Your note implies that Roon will be releasing a new version of RAAT. Can you tell us what we can expect if we try the new beta firmware? I might be interested in trying the firmware on my X1 if it’s not too entailed and if I could revert in case of issues.

Thanks, Michael

I was led to believe RAAT sdk is only updated to add in support for newer models from manufacturers, the idea is any fundamental changes to its underlying structure are done on the Roon server side as to allow OEMs not to have to constantly update as they don’t release firmware that often in a lot of cases and stops then being obsolete.

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.

It doesn’t look like the X1 is included in the beta test…:thinking:

1 Like

U2 / U2 Mini / T3 gain a new feature related to AirPlay, but the RAAT 1.1.41 beta firmware is available to all Lumin streamer model.

No (bug report) news will be good news.

3 Likes

Peter

I’ll try the firmware on my X1.

Michael

Hi Peter,

I’ve installed the beta firmware. No bugs to report thus far. Things like volume control, resampling, eq all seem to function as per normal. I’ve flipped back to roononly mode and all seems well too. Is there anything in particular you’d like feedback on?

1 Like

That’s good to know. Thanks.

2 Likes

Peter,

Can you help those of us who don’t know what RAAT 1.1.41 will bring to the listening experience? Is the Lumin firmware–aside from the AirPlay feature you mentioned–going to do anything special, or is it just needed to conform to some new technical parameters? I guess I’d like to know whether we’re in for something interesting or just something to make sure Lumin’s software conforms to Roon’s specs. Thanks!

It won’t bring anything to the listening experience as I said the other day it just adds in support into the SDK for newer Roon Ready Products. Nothing to do with audio is changed with updates to RAAT SDK.

This post was from John who used to be Roons product tester until he left.

3 Likes

Very helpful, thanks!

Nothing for now. But Roon Labs do require us to integrate the latest version when we help our partners with their certifications.

3 Likes